La gasonlina

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
Having spent pretty much every night in Mangu when i was staying in playa dorada a week ago, i heard 'la gasolina' many many times..... now im back in the UK, i turn on the tv tonight and top of the pops happens to be on, with this song being performed!! I never thought this would be a song that would come over to the UK!

May 31, 2005
My god. La Gasolina by Daddy Yankee is everywhere. Especially in a country like the UK. If you mention a remote island in the east indies then I would be surprised.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
random!

Dragonfly32837 said:
My god. La Gasolina by Daddy Yankee is everywhere. Especially in a country like the UK. If you mention a remote island in the east indies then I would be surprised.

haha, really!? it wasn't here 3 weeks ago, first time i heard it was in Mangu and then in the hotel, and the first time i've heard it since being back was today!

May 31, 2005
It came out a while back. Maybe you did not hear it as often because since La Gasolina came out Daddy Yankee has come out with new songs after that.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
yeah

Dragonfly32837 said:
It came out a while back. Maybe you did not hear it as often because since La Gasolina came out Daddy Yankee has come out with new songs after that.

yeah must be something like that!! are all his songs spanish?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Gasolina came out in Toronto not to long ago either when to me it was already considered old..

May 31, 2005
Most of his songs are in Spanish. He does have two songs called "Like you" and "Life Goes On" that are in English. They are both on the Barrio Fino album. That is the same album that has La Gasolina.

bozorboso

May 16, 2005
La Gasolina is everywhere in the US- on hip hop, club, and Spanish radio. it's just a really fun song to sing along with in the car or wherever, and so i think it just gets stuck in people's minds, so they're always requesting it.