Where do I start?

brit

Jun 28, 2005
Hello,

After being in a relationship with a Dominican man and living on the island for over a year myself, I believe that what happened in your story can certainly happen again!! Even though if you would have asked me a year ago I would have advised against it! In fact I am looking for guidance. I would like to move to Canada as I am Canadian and would like to take my Dominican fiance with me....Where do I start?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Anonymous

Lore said:
A workmate of mine had a daughter (early-20's I know prime picking age!!) and she came on her grad trip and met an animacion guy (against everything in my books too!!, BUT)she hooked up with one of them and she came back at least 7/8 times in 3 yrs.They got married in the DR, she hired the best (I'm sure most expensive) lawyers to get him here.He arrived 4 yrs ago.Like I said, they were both young when this happened and the odds should have been against them. However, it has been four years.He has a respectable job(more than min wage at least)and they have just had their first newborn.They are as happy as the first day I saw them.By the way, I saw them together in the DR before any of this got started and remember he was "animacion". Now I'm certainly not saying that this is the norm, contrary, I think it is exceptional, however it can happen!! I know both people and they truly were in love together and that same love still shows here today. Maybe this is one in a million MommC but it really does happen.They are not all 100% bad. I do know the majority are in it for the "quick fix" be it money, visa's, whatever. But this is one of the times it has worked. Not many - but at least one - so far!!