Young heart patient update

thomasfrank

Mar 27, 2005
Hi,
A few months ago I posted a message asking how to get documents for a child needing heart surgery in the US. I want to thank everyone who offered advice and kept in touch. Things are going well so far. He now has a passport and a visa appointment in 2 weeks. If all goes well, he will fly to Texas for surgery in mid September. Thanks again to everyone for their help and encouragement

Thomas

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
That is very heart-warming (no pun intended). I have a great appreciation for stories like this as I work in a world-renowned pediatric facility and we have a fund that covers costs for children, such as this young boy you refer to, to come and receive care in our facility for procedures that are unavailable to them back home...I sincerely hope all goes well and wish him the best! Please keep us up to date (or PM me)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
thomasfrank said:
Hi,
A few months ago I posted a message asking how to get documents for a child needing heart surgery in the US. I want to thank everyone who offered advice and kept in touch. Things are going well so far. He now has a passport and a visa appointment in 2 weeks. If all goes well, he will fly to Texas for surgery in mid September. Thanks again to everyone for their help and encouragement

Thomas
Thomas, did the child get the visa and have the operation?