Chi Chi Peralta

johnny C

Sep 15, 2004
Anybody have any idea what's going on with Chi Chi Peralta? Is he scheduled to release a new CD anytime soon? Thanks

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
No s?

As far as I know there is nothing new on the horizon for Chi Chi Peralta. I suppose he is facing the same plight as other Dominican artists meaning lack of/ or dwindling popularity and competition. His music is unique in its own right and to keep his style of music popular in my opinion is difficult. Again it all depends on his target audience. Personally, I think his first album 'Pa'otro la'o' was very good. I remember being on vacation in Colombia at the time and that's all anyone talked about when it came to music. I am not convinced his second album 'De vuelta al barrio' enjoyed the same popularity. You never know though he might be working on something new in the near future.

LDG.

Last edited:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I read last month that he was signed by a new company, I'll look around and see if I can find the info!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Juanita thank you!

One aspect I like about the article although very brief is that they are speaking my language in terms of album success or failure. Right from the article itself: 'Un disco que puede llegar muy lejos si lo promueven con justicia.'

I remain firm in my belief that it could make or break an artist. Only time will tell.

LDG.

juanita said:

clara

Jan 6, 2005
Funny coincidence...I just saw don Peralta in a TV commercial promoting KIA jeepetas.