Need Hotel and flight info for punta cana

On Vacation!
Feb 18, 2005
Hello everyone. I am finding this board to be very helpful and i seem to be posting more and more. I have meet some great people on here and i would just like to thank all that have help me in the past.
Now for my new question. As some will know i live parttime in Sosoua part time in Toronto. I have a Dominican Wife and new born little girl. I was thinking about taken my wife and child for a little 2 or 3 day minnie vacations and my wife has always wanted to go to punta cana. My question is should i drive there from Sosoua or take a plane and if i take a plane where do i go to book this and also i need a nice but not break the bank hotel / resort type that is clean romantic and in the center of all the best spots. Also some reconmadations on things to do and see there.
I am still in Toronto for 3 more weeks so could i book these things online or wait. I wanted to go to punta cana around the the 10th of Sept.
As alway this board help and wisdom in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Toronto Rick

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Flights from

POP to PUJ depart daily at 7:15 AM. Return flight PUJ to POP is at 6:30 PM. www.takeoffweb.com The cost is $95 each way per person. I suspect they may discount or comp the infant.

If you drive, your 2-3 day vacation will become 4-5 days, since the trip requires a full day in each direction. The flight is less than an hour.

As far as hotels go, there was a recent positive report on a small non-AI in Bavaro in the trip reports section. Also, you may be able to get a deal as a walkup at one of the AIs if they have vacencies.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
680680 said:
Hello everyone. I am finding this board to be very helpful and i seem to be posting more and more. I have meet some great people on here and i would just like to thank all that have help me in the past.
Now for my new question. As some will know i live parttime in Sosoua part time in Toronto. I have a Dominican Wife and new born little girl. I was thinking about taken my wife and child for a little 2 or 3 day minnie vacations and my wife has always wanted to go to punta cana. My question is should i drive there from Sosoua or take a plane and if i take a plane where do i go to book this and also i need a nice but not break the bank hotel / resort type that is clean romantic and in the center of all the best spots. Also some reconmadations on things to do and see there.
I am still in Toronto for 3 more weeks so could i book these things online or wait. I wanted to go to punta cana around the the 10th of Sept.
As alway this board help and wisdom in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Toronto Rick
Rick, Are you going to PC from Canada or Sosua? If the latter, the drive would be long, you could fly inexpensivly from POP to PUJ via Air Santo Domingo. Cost would be in the area of 60-70US. Seeing as how their web-site has been under construction for the past several years, I would recommend contacting the airport direct for the flight info....They fly daily, so you shouldn't have a problem if you're not connecting.
Punta Cana has many resorts or AIs, I would suggest the Sunscape in Cabeza de Toro. You can book this through Expedia for $153US a couple per night, this price is all inclusive, or call them at 809-686-9898. There are also many options in the Bavaro area, which has a little more when it comes to the "nightlife"
Have fun!