Tu Saaabe and Andrea

M

Mr.Mark

Not that these two have any relationship, but Brahma started to be sold today in Santo Domingo and tomorrow Andrea will be shown in the movies theaters of Santo Domingo.

M

Mr.Mark

I'm not a great beer lover...

... so my opinion won't be of great help. I tried it about 2 hours ago and I didn't notice the great difference between Presidente and Brahma. Who knows if they dominicanized Brahma according to Presidente's formula? I guess you can get the beer just about anywhere, remember that Ambev bought Embotelladora Dominicana, which means that they possess great distribution channels.

I kind of liked Brahma, but I can ensure you that if they're gonna win considerable market share, it's going to be on the basis of marketing and advertising efforts (and bringing hot Brazilian girls to resemble the Rio Carnival)

I just found out that Ambev has a brand with the name Bohemia, will they bring it to the DR?

This is an interesting article regarding Presidente vs. Bohemia (it is written in Spanish), I hope you find it refreshing: http://www.chevere.ch/spanish/news/article.php?category=7&id=488

Last edited:

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
juanita said:
How's Brahma, have you tried it, and where can you get it? :nervous:

I tried it in Rio it was very good, wonder if it will give Presidente a run for its money. I will surely drink it when I return to DR if available. In Rio it was very moderately priced, how is it be priced in DR?

M

Mr.Mark

linamia said:
I tried it in Rio it was very good, wonder if it will give Presidente a run for its money. I will surely drink it when I return to DR if available. In Rio it was very moderately priced, how is it be priced in DR?

RD$35.00 and RD$55.00. Aren't those the same prices of Presidente's peque?a and grande, respectively?

M

Mr.Mark

juanita said:
The new beer is more expensive, Presidente $30 - $50

They might just be taking advantage of the potential curiosity there's in people to know how T? Saaabe sabe. After the first consume wave, they might reduce the prices.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
"the potential curiosity there's in people"

I'll be one of those people! jejeje ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have met ther crew and cast of andrea. I think it will be a good low budget movie. shot in moca. its about a little girl who steals a cross from the grave next to her mom's grave and inserts into her mom's grave. Then she is possessed by the ghost of the rightfull owner of the cross and he wants the cross back. At this point I had to ask the director to stop because I didn't want to know any more. I want to watch this movie.
AZB

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Now the question is, how will Dominicans pronounce the name of this beer?
Brahma? They always like to cut it short!

Brama
Bra
Braa
La nueva
La otra
or will they just say "Ya tu sabes"

Jun 5, 2004
AZB said:
I have met ther crew and cast of andrea. I think it will be a good low budget movie. shot in moca. its about a little girl who steals a cross from the grave next to her mom's grave and inserts into her mom's grave. Then she is possessed by the ghost of the rightfull owner of the cross and he wants the cross back. At this point I had to ask the director to stop because I didn't want to know any more. I want to watch this movie.
AZB

Ihave heard many good critics of the movie Andrea. Many say that the movie is just one of a kind. Im curious some people say that Andrea will come to the US and others say they wont. Does anyone have any official information if it will. I know that people in the Dominican are crazy to go and see the movie. i hope it fills up like Perico Ripiao. Has anyone seen the movie what do you guys think?

M

Mr.Mark

juanita said:
Now the question is, how will Dominicans pronounce the name of this beer?
Brahma? They always like to cut it short!

Brama
Bra
Braa
La nueva
La otra
or will they just say "Ya tu sabes"

I think it will be called the way it sounds, it's not very complicated.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
juanita said:
The new beer is more expensive, Presidente $30 - $50

if true, it's a pity that it is more expensive than presidente.
i thought the expectations were that it was going to be at the most the same price.

at first i thought the marketing techniques for brahma were brilliant, but the advertising campaign has gone on so long now that i believe most people have got tired of it. making the beer more expensive will, after the novelty wears off, just have people returning to presidente.

i like my presidente, but i would like to see a some real competition.

incidentally, i do know of the rumours about presidente forcing brahma to delay their introduction, but that is another thing - perhaps it is presidente with the better marketing techniques after all.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Funny!

This morning the Diario Libre?s cover page was an ad by Ambev followed by 4 full color ads from Bohemia! The war has begun!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
apdomini100max said:
Ihave heard many good critics of the movie Andrea. Many say that the movie is just one of a kind. Im curious some people say that Andrea will come to the US and others say they wont. Does anyone have any official information if it will. I know that people in the Dominican are crazy to go and see the movie. i hope it fills up like Perico Ripiao. Has anyone seen the movie what do you guys think?
You are asking the wrong people. The expats here are not living in dominican republic, they live in gated communities which resemble more of a miami neighborhood than DR. These expats won't go see this movie or any other dominican made movie. They only worry about beers and rum and bachata music that they have learned to appreciate from their chopo dominican friends. Since this movie is in spanish then you have zero chances of any expat seeing it in anytime soon. Remember, most expats only speak enough spanish to ask for a beer in a bar, even after living here for many years.
Now just give me some time and I will see this movie. It started playing last night in plaza internacional. From what I see and know, many domincians are willing to see this movie. I have heard nothing but good reviews from folks who had had a sneak preview of the movie. I met the cast and crew of the movie last week in plaza internacional. They are all very excited about this project and have very high hopes on the future of dominican film industry. Now folks remember, this movie is made with a shoe string budget. I was told by someone that the movie is only shot with one camera alone and most of it is shot in location in campos of moca. It should be interesting to see how it came out. the little girl in the movie is very sweet in person.
I think I will see this movie soon so wait for my review.
AZB