Dominicanos... E' Pa 'lante Que Vamos Sure... De Cabeza

Jun 5, 2004
I would like to know where is the progress that president Leonel Fernandez is declaring in the Dominican Republic. Esta comiendo solo he is only doing in some bad parts of the country (ie: Capotillo) and the other people are just suffering and dying. The new thing now: he bought 14 luxurious motorcycles at a cost of almost one quater of a million dollar to suppy only 14 officers while there are some points in the country where the officers are by foot or they have real cheap motorcycles. Was this really necesary? Just give it a thought y eso que E' PA' 'LANTE QUE VAMOS.

calamardoazul

Jul 29, 2003
the electricity problem

No country go forward without electricity. I am sick and tired of not having energy 8-12 hours a day , even on sundays :angry: :mad:

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
Fernandez is not perfect, but it is the best option for DR. PRD and PRSC or just trash. Don't even come close.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
asopao said:
Fernandez is not perfect, but it is the best option for DR. PRD and PRSC or just trash. Don't even come close.
It is the only hope the DR has for now.

The electricity problem will always continue as long as people will continue being dishonest by stealing electricitiy and not paying their bills.

Jun 5, 2004
Bueno........

asopao said:

Well, hope like that I dont really want. Some communities in Licey last up to 12 hours without light. More than 15 days without water and thats what we call progress. Hipolito was an animal but there is no way in hell that this was the solution for the disaster that he had provoked in 2000. Buying motorcycles for the poeple in capotillo will not be the solution to the problems the country has when a part of the country is well and the other people dont have a place to go to the bathroom. I dont see how selling the electricity plan long ago helped teh country in any way except for having a wealthy president.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
apdomini100max said:
I would like to know where is the progress that president Leonel Fernandez is declaring in the Dominican Republic. Esta comiendo solo he is only doing in some bad parts of the country (ie: Capotillo) and the other people are just suffering and dying. The new thing now: he bought 14 luxurious motorcycles at a cost of almost one quater of a million dollar to suppy only 14 officers while there are some points in the country where the officers are by foot or they have real cheap motorcycles. Was this really necesary? Just give it a thought y eso que E' PA' 'LANTE QUE VAMOS.

See, that's the problem with Dominican society...they expect miracles from one day to the next! That's part of the reason why a president can't really focus much in education because Dominicans can't see too far ahead...that's why a song with the chorus of "lo mio es friendo y comiendo" fits so well with how Dominicans think. It's pretty sad if you ask me. What do you expect from a someone who has been in office for only one year and who took control of a country that was basically in ruins? Give it a break already.

Apr 26, 2002
Power outages are part of a problem that dates back to the 1970s and results from poor infrastructure choices, institutionalized corruption, failed privitizations and a population that is accustomed on stealing electricity or otherwise getting it for free and would revolt against anyone who wanted it any other way. It has been worsened by a dramatic incease in the world price of oil - a matter over which LF has no control. Some relief (effectively "hedging") will come from Petrocaribe - which LF has signed against the wishes of the USA.

Crime is a growing problem throughout Latin America. Much of it stems from young men that have been sent back from the USA - where they mastered their thuggery skills. You can also thank the previous administration and the lucrativeness of the American "war on drugs" for turning many elements of the police into a criminal band. The current influx of desparately poor Haitians - thanks again to the USA and, this time, France too - who have nothing to lose has also had a negative impact.

The overall economic situation of the country is the result of the massive theft and mismanagement that occured in the previous administration and the financial shennanigans of the big international investment banks for which lower and middle class Dominicans must now pay through the higher taxes and fees and lower services, maintenance and infrastructure developments associated with IMF "structural adjustment" programs.

Now, other than complaing about 15 Harley Davidsons, how would you, were you LF, handle these problems. Were it me, I'd consider drinking heavily.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2004
DR_DEFENDER said:
See, that's the problem with Dominican society...they expect miracles from one day to the next! That's part of the reason why a president can't really focus much in education because Dominicans can't see too far ahead...that's why a song with the chorus of "lo mio es friendo y comiendo" fits so well with how Dominicans think. It's pretty sad if you ask me. What do you expect from a someone who has been in office for only one year and who took control of a country that was basically in ruins? Give it a break already.

True the country was left in ruins by president Hipolito Mejia. But from 1996 to 2000 Leonel Fernandez helped him by selling the most basic thing for dominican people. An answer to Porfio SURE... when you buy 15 Davidson you solve all the problems in the country your spending about 7 million pesos when you could use that in giving to the poor try to solve the trasportation problems, put better hospitals. With that money he could have raised up that 550 pesos he is giving to families. 550 pesos in DR wont last you 4 days. He wants the national police to look nice and sharp so people could say oh things are going good in the country look what type of cycles they are buying when almost the entire country is hungry.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There is speculation that Miami Vice movie producers donated the motorcycles in advance for the filming of some scenes of their movie there this coming October.