Deep Sea Fishing Topic (Again)

c-how

Aug 23, 2005
Hello Everyone

I am newly arrived in Santo Domingo and live and work in the city. I am looking for information on deep sea fishing opportunities in the DR; preferably close to Santo Domingo. From previous postings I see there are opportunities in some of the resorts, namely Punta Cana and Puerto Plata, but I would like to find something closer to SD.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Allen

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
JDJones said:
You may be able to find a boat to take you fishing, but there's a good chance you won't catch any fish.

Is this your opinion of fishing near Santo Domingo or off of the coast of DR in general? I am curious as I am thinking of brings my pole(s) in December.

c-how

Aug 23, 2005
Fishing

Thanks for the input thus far...

"it's just going to be a beer run"

That is what I am hoping to avoid. Some friends got taken on a "beer run" and now they are rather hesitant to jump back in, so to speak.

I/we are not looking for a yacht... give us a 20 - 25 ft. center console and we'll be happy. And we're not looking for any trophies either; just a good day of semi productive/honest fishing.

Another option would be renting a boat and we'll be the crew. We have the vehicle to pull the boat, as long as it is trailerable, so as you can see, we are looking into all options.

Again, thanks for the input.