Tourism Project for University studies

P

Patrick

Hello, I am a student at Florida International University and am enrolled in hospitality management. I have been assigned a project on tourism sustainablity in DR. I have tried to get figures from the DR consulate to no aveil. If anyone can help me with the following information I would appreciate it.

1. How many hotel rooms does DR have/had for each year from 90-present. (by year)

2. How many tourist has the DR recorded for each year from 90-present. a) broken down by country of origen. b) average stay.

3. Of the total hotel rooms how many are all enclusive again broken down by year from 90-present.

I know it is a tall request but any help or guidance to a source would be greatly apprecieated.

thank you Patrick

G

gina

Hi,

I think that you will have better luck if you contact the Domincan Embassy in Washington DC. I am doing a project for an MBA class on the Dominican Republic and the embassy here in DC has been VERY helpful. I attended a conference entitled DR "Open for Business" and they mentioned tourism as the industry experiencing the highest growth. Presently there are roughly 42,000 rooms with plans to add another 8,000-10,000 by the year 2000. So, give the embassy a call. I don't have the number on me, so call information for the 202 area code.

Good luck!

Gina

D

DR One

Contact the Hotel & Restaurant Association that has the stats you need. Evelyn Paiewonsky can help you at cpt@codetel.net.do