Lyrical Translation Help

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
chacarron

im not sure if this is correct or not, but when i heard this song and asked what it was going on about, i was told that the word chacarron doesn't actually mean ne thing, basically its a made up word. Thats what i was told.......others may know if it does have a translation.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I'd help you, but I could only stand listening to it for about 5 seconds. Before I listened to it, I was surprised Lesley D hadn't helped yet, but maybe she had the same problem. :laugh:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Trina my dear...

First of all I am very selective about doing translations and secondly who could listen to that? Whatever that is (?) music I suppose I can't handle it. In this case I would choose reggaeton (in light of the recent thread) ;)

Ahora me gusta la gasolina....

LDG.

trina said:
I'd help you, but I could only stand listening to it for about 5 seconds. Before I listened to it, I was surprised Lesley D hadn't helped yet, but maybe she had the same problem. :laugh:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Lesley D said:
First of all I am very selective about doing translations and secondly who could listen to that? Whatever that is (?) music I suppose I can't handle it. In this case I would choose reggaeton (in light of the recent thread) ;)

LDG.

Hehe... Even my teenager son, who knows ALL and EVERYTHING when it comes to music, of all kinds, including and mostly reggaeton, cannot stand this song!!!! :cross-eye

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
And it is played in every club here, local, tourist based - whatever. And often more then one time a night. We even have different versions of it now.

I hate this song!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I have been told, it means nothing at all. Pointless, useless and hard on the ears but oh do the locals love it....

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Lesley D said:

LDG.

I was quite sure I was assuming correctly upon hearing the song, because we all know you to be the Helpful Spanish Music/Vocabulary Translation Queen! :classic:

cuidate...

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
planner said:
And it is played in every club here, local, tourist based - whatever. And often more then one time a night. We even have different versions of it now.

I hate this song!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I have been told, it means nothing at all. Pointless, useless and hard on the ears but oh do the locals love it....

I think that would stop me from going out to clubs!

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
chacarron

It has a consistent beat, and lively activity. I can't understand any of the words except chacarron. Does it seem like he's choking?
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
mkohn

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
it has no lyrics

this song has no lyrics it's supposed to be a spoof on a mute person singing a song. They only place I've heard it is at a club I go to. It's sad but I kinda like it. I read the info on the spoof on a spanish website that plays bachata and merengue. Here's the link www.sabordominicano.com You can here the song there.
Hope it helps.
Minni

Brazie

May 31, 2005
I heard this song about a week and a half ago when i was in DR and I just couldnt stop laughing...it is so stupid, it doesnt say anything...I asked my cuz what it was and she said "es la cancion del mudo" I was like OMG u ppl r nuts...first it was that cola de motora reggaeton and now a mudo song...PPl seemed to go nuts for it @ Nowhere, a club in the Zona Colonial.

watulookin@

Aug 2, 2005
Chaccaron Maccaron

Im not of the translation either, I heard it first in July when I came to DR on holiday. The resort Amhsa Marina in Juan Dolio played it everyday almost. They used it to introduce activities and it became a holiday anthem.....
It might not make the top ten in the charts but it has some colourful memories....