carribean question

concho_lady

Sep 16, 2005
hello,

I have been to DR twice and loved it....I was wondering if all the carribean islands keep their bars open all night much like Caberete does.Also,do the other Islands allow you to walk around the streets with booze and can you drink and drive like DR???? please help me out because i dont want to travel someplace where I cant dance in a disco till early morning.
Thanks a bunch

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
All of the DR doesn't allow you to do that. Bars close. Doubt all that many other caribbean destinations do either. Just because idiots drink and drive in the DR doesn't make it legal, it isn't and it is pretty stupid to aspire to, or at least to think is a good part of tourism.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
concho_lady said:
hello,

I have been to DR twice and loved it....I was wondering if all the carribean islands keep their bars open all night much like Caberete does.Also,do the other Islands allow you to walk around the streets with booze and can you drink and drive like DR???? please help me out because i dont want to travel someplace where I cant dance in a disco till early morning.
Thanks a bunch

The bars and discos do stay open most of the night on many of the Caribbean Islands, and yes, you can walk around with a drink in your hand on most Islands, also because of the free life style many idiots drink and drive, unfortunately only killing the innocent and not themselves.
Ken

concho_lady

Sep 16, 2005
ricktoronto said:
All of the DR doesn't allow you to do that. Bars close. Doubt all that many other caribbean destinations do either. Just because idiots drink and drive in the DR doesn't make it legal, it isn't and it is pretty stupid to aspire to, or at least to think is a good part of tourism.

i agree....anyone who thinks drinking and driving is ok are idiots.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
concho_lady said:
i agree....anyone who thinks drinking and driving is ok are idiots.

Your original post makes it sound like a trait you are seeking which is pretty dumb.

concho_lady

Sep 16, 2005
ricktoronto said:

If you understood my question properly,you will notice that first off....I never said that "ALL" of the DR keeps bars open all night.Go back and read...I said "much like Caberete does" Caberete is not all of DR. Also,if you read my post you will also notice that I said that I don't want to go someplace where I can't dance the night away all night long. That is what I was aspiring to.Not the drinking and driving.I asked if other islands drink and drive because while vacationing in DR I noticed a lot of that going on.I never said it was legal, or that I liked it. I think it is just as rediculous as you do. God....I asked a simple question and you people totally turn the story around on me to make me seem like an "idiot".I do NOT appreciate this,I thought this was a great friendly place to come and ask questions.Maybe I'll ask my questions elsewhere.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
concho_lady said:
If you understood my question properly,you will notice that first off....I never said that "ALL" of the DR keeps bars open all night.Go back and read...I said "much like Caberete does" Caberete is not all of DR. Also,if you read my post you will also notice that I said that I don't want to go someplace where I can't dance the night away all night long. That is what I was aspiring to.Not the drinking and driving.I asked if other islands drink and drive because while vacationing in DR I noticed a lot of that going on.I never said it was legal, or that I liked it. I think it is just as rediculous as you do. God....I asked a simple question and you people totally turn the story around on me to make me seem like an "idiot".I do NOT appreciate this,I thought this was a great friendly place to come and ask questions.Maybe I'll ask my questions elsewhere.

This is an open forum and the wrong place to take comments personally, however, I have gone back and read your original post 4 times and it still comes across to me as if you wanted to be able to drink on the streets and drive while drinking, plus of course, dance the night away.
As you have now said, that was not your intent, but without knowing what you were thinking at the time, we can only go by what was written.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Don't worry

Concho_lady, don't worry, not everyone is going to jump on you because they may have misinterpreted what you've said. On the other hand, be very careful about how you phrase things other wise, and unfortunately, there always seems to be people waiting in the wings ready to pounce.

Additionally, there are things you can do when expressing your point that will help to avoid what you've just experienced. Had you followed up your initial comment of " I was wondering if all the carribean islands keep their bars open all night much like Caberete does" with "please help me out because i dont want to travel someplace where I cant dance in a disco till early morning", you may have been able to avoid what seems to me to be an unfortunate experience on this board. I took the other two questions about drinking as a simple matter of curiosity (I have had many people who have asked me about it, and some of them don't even drink) and in no way related to a desire on your part to do the same. But, because you didn't seperate the two points, I can certainly understand why some people would have misinterpreted the reason behind your questions.

My only real and constant surprise, however, is why it is that some people's interpretation of posts and comments here constantly seems to gravitate towards the negative like moths to a flame. Maybe because negativity generates more interest? Who knows.

In any event, please continue to post and interact; it does get better.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
concho_lady said:
I asked a simple question and you people totally turn the story around on me to make me seem like an "idiot".I do NOT appreciate this,I thought this was a great friendly place to come and ask questions.Maybe I'll ask my questions elsewhere.

Tough noogies. Write better.

May 31, 2005
concho_lady said:
I asked a simple question and you people totally turn the story around on me to make me seem like an "idiot".I do NOT appreciate this,I thought this was a great friendly place to come and ask questions.Maybe I'll ask my questions elsewhere.
Wow, maybe you just need to chill out lady.... Haven't we been nice to you here??? I believe we have..

Anyway, my experience with bars and discos in the DR is that most stay open for as long as there are people on the dance floor. Not sure about the AI hotel bars though...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If You Have $$$$$$$$$ You can Do ANYTHING You Want In The DR!

Lets put it this way,"Every Weekend night in the DR is like "New Years Eve" in the USA!! Most drivers on the road after Midnight will be drunk.Sunday evenings too!
I say "Come on down" Dance and drink till dawn.If you can,do it near your hotel,so you can walk back to your room.Other wise arrange for a "Known" taxi company driver to meet you at the disco at 5 am.Be carefull,he may have been drinking all night too!
Getting behind the wheel totally drunk,doesn't even register as doing anything "Wrong" down here.Reminds me of an interview I heard with one of the parents(Father) of a young person who burned to death in Tennesee???after their church bus was totalled by a "Totalled" driver.The father said that the driver couldn't help it because he was drunk!!!..Go Figure! CC

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Well, the only other carribean country I am familiar with is Jamaica. For drink and dancing all night DR is better.

concho_lady

Sep 16, 2005
Dragonfly32837 said:
Wow, maybe you just need to chill out lady.... Haven't we been nice to you here??? I believe we have..

People started to be nice AFTER the fact that I posted my feelings on how I felt I was being treated.If you go back and read, you will see what I'm talking about.

Thank you to all who have answered my question respectfully.I appreciate it and it has helped.
thanks

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Hate to add this (no I don't)

In your subject you spelled Caribbean wrong, too. I hope you have fun and watch out for the drunk drivers, those wacky crazy fun guys.

concho_lady

Sep 16, 2005
ricktoronto said:
In your subject you spelled Caribbean wrong, too. I hope you have fun and watch out for the drunk drivers, those wacky crazy fun guys.

Big whoop you idiot.Grow the hell up you child

May 31, 2005
concho_lady said:
She's talking about other people treating her bad and look at this.... You need an attitude adjustment. And then you were thanking the people that answered your question respectfully. Maybe you should answer respectfully to other people too.

concho_lady

Sep 16, 2005
Dragonfly32837 said:
She's talking about other people treating her bad and look at this.... You need an attitude adjustment. And then you were thanking the people that answered your question respectfully. Maybe you should answer respectfully to other people too.

My response was directed and replied to ricktoronto.Not ALL the other people.GOD some people DO NOT know how to read and/or understand conversations.Dragonfly...go back and read the entire thing again and look at who is posting...THEN you will understand what I am saying!!!!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
concho_lady said:

You replying with those words, doesn?t make you look directly great yourself.
At least, please try to not do name calling, it never a good idea.
If you took the time to read some of the postings of RickToronto, you would very easy & fast see that he is not an idiot.