posting pictures

Sep 19, 2005
Ok I wasnt dumb enough to ask without trying to search...in the frequently asked questions section I found this...

"""The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the forums should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon .""""

but of course there is no BROWSE feature on the bottom of your post fields.... I aslo did a search of posting pictures and most deal with just talkign about pictures and not HOW to get them into your post....many site let you download to their site then add from there..... I took about 350 pictures in my last two trips..... not all of my girlfriend either! ha ha ha....... Id appreciate it if some one could assist me... thanks...bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Put them on a photosharing site and post a link, or put a small selection on the DR1 media gallery. Go to the main DR1 page and scroll down the column on the left until you see the 'media gallery' section. Once you are there it explains what to do.

I think only moderators can post photos in threads, unless you link to another site where the photo is hosted using the 'insert image' icon above.

Sep 19, 2005
"""" Go to the main DR1 page and scroll down the column on the left until you see the 'media gallery' section. Once you are there it explains what to do. """

are you sure?????....unless there is another DR1 main page I dont see any Media gallery on that page......bob