Friend on drugs charges - Update

G

Grahame Bush

To all of you who showed an interest in the case of Stuart Ratner, the owner of Otro Mundo restaurant just outside Playa Dorada, I am pleased to advise that the Appeal Court in Santiago has found there is no case to answer. To ALL intense & purpose he is "innocent" (despite rumours to the contrary some of his fellow countrymen put around when they lacked the FULL information!).

Thank you to those who helped by writing to congressmen, senators, DR-Opin etc. Stuart will doubtless put something on this board at some stage but at the moment he is basking in your delight for him & his freedom (albeit he has to wait 7-10 more days in prison awaiting any possible appeal by the Fiscal here). - Grahame.

I

irv

Good News Graham,

You may not have played a pivotal role in the outcome but you certainly deserve an "A" for effort. Congratulations. I'm sure Mr.Ratner thinks himself very fortunate to have you as a friend.

irv siva

L

Lynda

How are the animals????

I am interested in hearing about the tigers,etc. Were they well looked after while Stuart was detained???

G

Greg and Connie Wales

Re: DITTOS TO IRV'S POST

You have proven yourself to be a true friend, a "friend in need".

G

Grahame Bush

Re: How are the animals????

The Tiger (he only ever had ONE0 was taken from Stuart some 12 - 18 ago when Stuart's advisory thought he could destroy Stuart's business by complaining about the *Danger to the community* factor. The tiger had to go to a Santo Domingo zoo where I believe it was not as well cared for as it had been with Stuart. The rest of the animals either went to a vet for distribution to new homes or were freed. The more prestigious (& therefor - valuable) pets were "taken for safe keeping" into the homes of some of the police involved in the case. Hopefully they are still there AND safe & MAYBE they might be returned to Stuart when the dust has settled.

I will mention your concerns to Stuart & your desire to learn more about his animals. He is O.K. though! He came through 5 months in a very rough gaol & still kept his health & humour.

To you guys who say I did a lot, be aware that I am just the typing fingers!! There are several rather aggressive (but very friendly) young ladies who have been visiting him in gaol, running errands for him & generally stiring things up a bit round here. We all did it because we felt sure that if we had NOT made a stand, the same thing could have happened to US in the near future. Regrettably the majority of the "Gringo" population did not want to 'Get involved' preferring to pronounce Stuart's guilt without knowing the facts & relying on rumours (always very prevalent here).

Thanks for your congratulatory words Irv., Gregory & Connie.- Grahame.