Communication is very important, unfortunatley i dont speak a word of spanish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katerinaki

Oct 2, 2005
Hello All... er Ola

I am new to this forum and felt it was necessary to join for two reasons:

1) I just returned from the DR and fell in love with the country, it's beauty, the culture and its people.
2) I am amused by a local who is writing me love letters (I think they are love letters, or curses who knows) in Spanish, though I've advised him I don?t understand a word

I spent a week in Punta Cana with 5 of my friends; we danced merengue, batchata, consumed rum and achieved envious tans. Along with the partying we went sightseeing and shopped at local markets, spent a lot of time with the people that worked at our resort who I must say were cool, like a home away from home. I must say it's very different from Toronto. Torontonians have a reputation for being stuck up and these people have hearts of gold.

Which brings me to the topic of Dominican Men. At first I was appalled at how forward the men are in DR, but in time you meet some that are not only interested in sex and naive women willing to provide men with whatever they request. I met several decent educated local men with goals and aspirations of maintaining their culture and whose only interest was making true friendships.

In Toronto girls like myself do not go unnoticed, I receive a lot of attention but the men here are more...hmm what?s the right word, chicken. After they make the first move they expect you to do the rest! Frankly I'm not an aggressive girl, I like manly men that make the moves and decisions, my influence is there but invisible to everyone but my man and myself.

I just happened to meet a cutie in DR, I enjoyed his company when we were in DR. But now I?m at home and all good things must come to an end. Unfortunately I?m not sure how to go about this as this cutie is writing me emails almost daily and I don?t understand what he is saying. I feel somewhat responsible as I may have led him on, he has called me on my cell several times and I don?t want him wasting his money on calling cards when he should just think of me as a girl he had fun with last September. Know what I mean?

Is anyone willing to translate his letters and possibly assist me in creating a letter of my own explaining the reality of our experience?

Thanks to all for reading and hope to hear from you soon,
Kate

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Dear Katernaki.. Welcome to DR and DR1...

The reality is, this guy is not wasting any money on you, he is investing.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
For God's sake Kate, read the posts in the Sankie 101 forum and count your lucky stars you don't understand Spanish. In the future giving out your real name and phone number is a bad idea. Stick with an anonymous e-mail account you can dump.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Haven't read those letters but, ...

Katerinaki said:
like a home away from home. I must say it's very different from Toronto. Torontonians have a reputation for being stuck up and these people have hearts of gold.

In Toronto girls like myself do not go unnoticed, I receive a lot of attention but the men here are more...hmm what’s the right word, chicken. After they make the first move they expect you to do the rest! Frankly I'm not an aggressive girl, I like manly men that make the moves and decisions, my influence is there but invisible to everyone but my man and myself.

I just happened to meet a cutie in DR, I enjoyed his company when we were in DR.

Kate
I can predict they contain many grammatical mistakes and the overall message is that he loves you and can't live without you .... look for amore, amar, Cariño (or get a Spanish dictionary). They all use the same template :)

BTW, in Toronto you know what you're getting (as you said, chickens, ducks, turkeys ... choose your poultry) but, do you want a wolf in sheep's clothing from the DR?:speechles

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
She can copy and paste into the online Systran based translator at babelfish.altavista.com to get the gist of it, just select Spanish to English.

Does not help with the typical "b" instead of "v", con migo vs. conmigo, no accents etc. But it will provide an estimate. There should be a sick mother, chidl, livestock request for cash in there somewhere.

I wonder how with no skills in either language all this time together was interesting (other than the horizontal mambo) . I wonder why he bothers calling at all if they both cannot understand a syllable.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
The sounds of love, oops I mean music

ricktoronto said:
I wonder how with no skills in either language all this time together was interesting (other than the horizontal mambo) . I wonder why he bothers calling at all if they both cannot understand a syllable.
Lots of heavy breathing and phone $ex talking lol !!!!!!!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
shadInToronto said:
Lots of heavy breathing and phone $ex talking lol !!!!!!!

Unless they were just grunting at each other even the words for phone sex would need to be mutually understandable.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Not really

ricktoronto said:
Unless they were just grunting at each other even the words for phone sex would need to be mutually understandable.
Some words are universal ..... I won't repeat but, they're known worldwide. LOL!!!!!

Katerinaki

Oct 2, 2005
Exactly my point!

All we did is the mambo horizontally, vertically and swinging from chandeliers! I chose him because of his physical appearance, just beautiful. I did not go to DR to meet a boyfriend or husband, there for us communicating verbally was not a requirment. I just want to tell this guy to give it up, im not interested! But he does not understand. The calls have become more frequent and the emails are not making sense. I have attempted to use the freetranslation.com site, but im sure that his spanish is just as bad as his english. Yes i agree that it was my mistake for providing him with real information, but honestly i never thought this guy would use it!

So i will continue to ignore calls and not respond to emails, even though i feel a little guilty.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Ungrateful

Katerinaki said:
....I don?t want him wasting his money on calling cards when he should just think of me as a girl he had fun with last September. Know what I mean?...

We know excactly what you mean.
But, be advised that it is ethically and politically not correct to exploit a poor hotel worker on the grounds of sheer sex.
Shame on you!
You ought to reimburse the man.
And mind you, paying for his calls will not do.
A visa to Canada is the least one could expect.

m'frog

Katerinaki

Oct 2, 2005
Why not!

In fact I would like to post all his emails up here for a good laugh, I know its all BS so why not use this forum to advise girls that it happens to EVERYONE whether your 5 or 95, cute or ugly, as long as your white and from US or Canada your just another meal ticket. You go to a South American or Caribbean country on vacay and end up hooking up with a love leech. It's your choice weather you want to believe in what they say, I don?t. But I find it funny and I will exploit it all I want. Plus It's my first time hooking up with a local, usually when I?m on vacay in party mode I only hook up with other hot tourists, at least they know the game!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Some people!!

You are lucky. I am very happy today so I will give you two types of advices. One will be Carina's way and the other will be MY way.

Carina's way:

All he is doing is "planting a seed". All he is doing is looking at HIS future. You are nothing more than a investment. You are a way out.

My way:

What are you, a moron?. Why in God's green earth would you even consider someone that can not even speak your language?. Who cares if he emails or phones you 50 times a day!.

What makes you think that "cutie" was waiting for you all his life?. What, he knew that you were "coming" to his life so he, all of a sudden, was single, available and ready to do the "BANGARENA" with you.

Besides someone that you saw for a few days, someone that YOU claim is a cutie and someone that probably can make "monkey love", what else he has as a pro?. Can he support a family?, can he provide you with good things, like a paid vacation for you so you can go see him?, can he paid for EVERYTHING every time you go out with him?, can he go to your country without your help?, does he has a nice house on a nice neighborhood?, does he has money in the bank?.

If any of the above questions are "NO", then why in hell would you even consider the idea of even wanting to read his emails.

See it for what it was: FUN and forget about it.

I really do not understand these fricking people. Don't they know that when on vacation, they are not the ones that look good, it's their money and the opportunities that comes with being a foreigner.

It's the same story. Every single time these "lust starved" people go on vacation, they think that just because a few guys look their ways, that those guys are God's give to them. Then all of a sudden they start "talking" schit about the men from their countries because they do not go "CACA" over them. They need a fricking person making 1 dollar a day show them some attention and BAMM, now their country's men are lousy and the "cuties" are the great ones. Give me a fricking break.

I will say it again: when on vacation, LUST is always mistaken for care/like or love.

One day she will understand that when you have a "private", when you can be a easy way out, when you can be taken advantage of, when all they see is your money(whether you have or not), when all they want is a visa, the language does not matter!!. Have "private" and money, will travel.

Btw, look around you and see why guys from your country don't go the "extra mile" for or with you. What is it about you that they don't want to keep on trying after they get you!.

But I do know what it is to go from being ignored to being "the queen" and getting attention from almost everybody. You may get the attention but the INTENTIONS are the things that you should worry about. Get a clue!!!.

I just don't get it. You went on vacation, F'ed someone the same day or within 5 days and now you want to tell people that the men in Canada are the ones that are NO GOOD!. Just for the fact that you are making a joke out of him, saying that you would like to post his emails here, tells me EVERYTHING I care to know about your personality, morals, character and self respect. There's a name that I call people like you but out of respect for SOME famales members, I will just tell you that you are nothing more than a loser!!. Instead of "advicing" girls about them, why not advice girls to NOT let their morals and self-respect at the door and NOT do what you did, F someone "a second" after meeting him!!.

Btw # 2: don't send me another fricking PM!.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Go ahead post them right here. We have lots of translators that are willng to help you out. I thought maybe you wanted it to be translated privately but if you don't care than we could all use a good laugh.;)

Katerinaki

Oct 2, 2005
Wow you people are serious...

You know i came on this thing as a joke, and i find that some people actually take this DR thing serious. A note to Miguel, im not sure if you understand english but i think ive clearly stated that im not interested in this dr guy, and for your info I am treated like a queen but sometimes that get boring too. Im here cause i have an extra week off and im bored, ive already rinsed all the shops in toronto and my man is working right now. So i will post the emails not for tranlation purposes but for a laugh, the guy is dumb, but he was well hung and cute not enough to make him worth my time or money. As you know the DR forums are free and thats why im here to laugh and read about everyone else's experiences.

Here goes: Just remember girls i was with this guy for only 2 days - Email #1 (i think)

hello.mami how are you.. como tu esta espero quebien tellame a noche y nome pude comunical contigo ..tumedigiste today que cumple a?o el 4 de di siembre me gustaria saber si tuba abenir to dominican republic ; you are very bonita y muy entre tenida megustamucho tu sinpatia..cuando tefuiste mesenti un pocotriste porque notevi yo que riaverte para despedirme pero nofue posible queria que mediera un beso que medure asta que tebuerba aver..peromiesta esperando poti . medejaste con ercorazonpero espero que en disiembre benga a close espero que entienda este mensage mucholuis jose love you

Comment: Love me? does he think i am stupid?

Email #2:

hi.my love how are you quisiera saber a que hora tu estara conetada al internet para chat unpo... megustari que pase tu cumplea?o conmigo o in donican republic para asi poder conbersal mucho.. te escribire luego por que estoy trabajandoah enbiame foto tulla para tenerte conmigo siempre good bay lius jose

Email#3:

hello,mam.dime como tu esta..ablame un poco deti.. quisiera de sirte tanta cosa que nose ni poldonde enpesal..pero tedire que eres muy ermosa y muy sinpatica eso es good mesiento unpoco triste por que no tengo niunrecuerdo tu yo situbiera una foto tulla tepodria beltodo los dia del mundo pero sere pasiente me ire estaba esperando que teconectara al internet para conbersal unpoco contigo..te llamare por la ma?ana bay luis jose

Email#4:

hi.nena eres muy bella toda las foto estan presisa especial mente tu disculpa que no te haiga respondido coresta mente a tu mensages es que no entendia alguna cosa pero ya estoy claro la hora mas con beniente para chat seria good to the 5 o 4 30 dela tardes..princesa te escribire ma?ana to 4 30 0 5 of tarde luis jose l love you

Comment: ...ok im already bored of this, i dont have patience to cut an past any longer. Enjoy the emails, luis or jose whatever your name is?

Ciao,
Katerina

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Exactly

Katerinaki said:
I did not go to DR to meet a boyfriend or husband, there for us communicating verbally was not a requirment.
What happens in the DR stays in the DR and verbal communication can be highly over-rated.

Thank goodness Miguel is in such a good mood.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'll wait to see if anyone else will help out, if not I'll take a crack at it. Not sure if this is internet shortcuts but his Spanish/Dominican is ummm, not good.;)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Anna

Are you kidding? Not even my grade three Spanish students write like that!

He is a classic example of what Miguel is saying. Why would you waste your time??!! I read that gibberish and it has every flaw in the book of Spanish orthographic errors among other grammar issues.

Instead of someone on DR1 translating the letters it should go straight to Alejandrina German, the Secretary of Education who still can't see the importance of improving schools in the DR.

Es una lástima que no sepa escribir en español.

LDG.

Anna Coniglio said:
I'll wait to see if anyone else will help out, if not I'll take a crack at it. Not sure if this is internet shortcuts but his Spanish/Dominican is ummm, not good.;)

Last edited:

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Dios Mio!!!

Katerinaki said:
You know i came on this thing as a joke, and i find that some people actually take this DR thing serious. A note to Miguel, im not sure if you understand english but i think ive clearly stated that im not interested in this dr guy, and for your info I am treated like a queen but sometimes that get boring too. Im here cause i have an extra week off and im bored, ive already rinsed all the shops in toronto and my man is working right now. So i will post the emails not for tranlation purposes but for a laugh, the guy is dumb, but he was well hung and cute not enough to make him worth my time or money. As you know the DR forums are free and thats why im here to laugh and read about everyone else's experiences.

Here goes: Just remember girls i was with this guy for only 2 days - Email #1 (i think)

hello.mami how are you.. como tu esta espero quebien tellame a noche y nome pude comunical contigo ..tumedigiste today que cumple a?o el 4 de di siembre me gustaria saber si tuba abenir to dominican republic ; you are very bonita y muy entre tenida megustamucho tu sinpatia..cuando tefuiste mesenti un pocotriste porque notevi yo que riaverte para despedirme pero nofue posible queria que mediera un beso que medure asta que tebuerba aver..peromiesta esperando poti . medejaste con ercorazonpero espero que en disiembre benga a close espero que entienda este mensage mucholuis jose love you

Comment: Love me? does he think i am stupid?

Email #2:

hi.my love how are you quisiera saber a que hora tu estara conetada al internet para chat unpo... megustari que pase tu cumplea?o conmigo o in donican republic para asi poder conbersal mucho.. te escribire luego por que estoy trabajandoah enbiame foto tulla para tenerte conmigo siempre good bay lius jose

Email#3:

hello,mam.dime como tu esta..ablame un poco deti.. quisiera de sirte tanta cosa que nose ni poldonde enpesal..pero tedire que eres muy ermosa y muy sinpatica eso es good mesiento unpoco triste por que no tengo niunrecuerdo tu yo situbiera una foto tulla tepodria beltodo los dia del mundo pero sere pasiente me ire estaba esperando que teconectara al internet para conbersal unpoco contigo..te llamare por la ma?ana bay luis jose

Email#4:

hi.nena eres muy bella toda las foto estan presisa especial mente tu disculpa que no te haiga respondido coresta mente a tu mensages es que no entendia alguna cosa pero ya estoy claro la hora mas con beniente para chat seria good to the 5 o 4 30 dela tardes..princesa te escribire ma?ana to 4 30 0 5 of tarde luis jose l love you

Comment: ...ok im already bored of this, i dont have patience to cut an past any longer. Enjoy the emails, luis or jose whatever your name is?

Ciao,
Katerina

I am not sure how this guy made it through elementary school. Most of the words he writes are phonetics. Either that or he is blind and his keyboard has some serious problems.

And apparently, you sent him some messages back?

Status
Not open for further replies.