getting married

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004

I am getting married in Puerto Plata in Feb 2006, on Valentines Day. We are looking for a location to get married at. We were looking for something on the beach, but if it's not feesable then any nice place will do. We did not want to do the AI hotel wedding, we wanted something off the resort. My fiancee is Dominican and he will be paying for everything. I will be going in Nov to finalize (IE give my o.k) on everything, and do the last minute details, as this is the last time I'll be there before Feb.

We were looking at the new restaurant beside Casita Rica's on the malecon, but when my fiancee went to ask the price he wanted 75000 pesos for the rental. I though what? He wants us to pay for the building costs??? So we scrapped that idea, and are looking for other alternatives.

I don't know how much a place would be to rent, but I thought 75000 pesos was a lot. Could anyone recommend possible locations, and what a resonable price is. Is my fiancee suppose to be doing this?....Yes. Is he Dominican?... yes. So that is why I want to give him suggetions, so it may get his a** in gear. He promised to have prices for some locations, but I think if I can say go "here, here, and here", he may actually do it before I get there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, with location, prices, and even other possible suggetions on a cake, flowers, and photography, and food. We were thinking buffet style, and we would get all the liquor as well. So any help on that would be good. Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.
lisa

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
baileyboy said:

I am getting married in Puerto Plata in Feb 2006, on Valentines Day. We are looking for a location to get married at. We were looking for something on the beach, but if it's not feesable then any nice place will do. We did not want to do the AI hotel wedding, we wanted something off the resort. My fiancee is Dominican and he will be paying for everything. I will be going in Nov to finalize (IE give my o.k) on everything, and do the last minute details, as this is the last time I'll be there before Feb.

We were looking at the new restaurant beside Casita Rica's on the malecon, but when my fiancee went to ask the price he wanted 75000 pesos for the rental. I though what? He wants us to pay for the building costs??? So we scrapped that idea, and are looking for other alternatives.

I don't know how much a place would be to rent, but I thought 75000 pesos was a lot. Could anyone recommend possible locations, and what a resonable price is. Is my fiancee suppose to be doing this?....Yes. Is he Dominican?... yes. So that is why I want to give him suggetions, so it may get his a** in gear. He promised to have prices for some locations, but I think if I can say go "here, here, and here", he may actually do it before I get there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, with location, prices, and even other possible suggetions on a cake, flowers, and photography, and food. We were thinking buffet style, and we would get all the liquor as well. So any help on that would be good. Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.
lisa

Hi, I live in Puerto Plata. How many people will attend? That would be important for the location of dinner.

Photo: The absolute best is Ted Jimenez. His studio is located in the corner of Calle Kennedy and Eugenio DeSchamps. Book a head, he is a busy man.

Wedding Cake: Contact Helmut ( LUCAZE on this messageboard ).
He is the executive chef for Marien Hilton on the island. German, nice and he will tell you how to get the best cake ever, or do it himself.

Restaurants: Depends on how many people. 75000 only for rental is a ripoff.

Compare with that the buffetdinner at Coral Marien Hilton is 525 pesos per person all included!

Cariatides at Plaza El Doral is half open air, nice open athmosphere.

Papillon in Cofresi is beautiful, romantic and expensive. Tomas is the owner, talk to him.

Coral Marien, is actually not a bad idea. They are used to big crowds, nice buffets and many locals have their banquets etc there are well.
Talk to Helmut, send him pm by clicking on his name on the messageboard, that is LUCAZE.

Can probably give more suggestions when you give more info of number of people attending.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Hi Carina--
Thanks soo much for you reply soo quickly. Actually I knew I was forgetting about the number of people! Sorry, my mistake.

In total there will be 20 from my family, and 25 from his family, and then some of his friends we are looking at anywhere from 50 to 60 people.

Funny you should mention Helmut, he is a very good friend of mine and my mothers, and actually will be attneding the wedidng, once I figure out WHERE we are having it.

We have been staying at the Coral Marien for the past 4 years when we visit, and that is where all my family is booked in to stay for the wedding. I will be staying with my fiancee off the resort. As we want some time to ourselves. I am looking into the prices for the hotel when I come in Nov, I'll be there for 2 weeks getting things finalized, and reserved.

I just wanted to have some other suggestions, and locations. The Cariatides at Plaza El Doral sounds nice....where exactly is that located? is that the place located in front of the Coral? or if you have any ideas about restaurants for about 50-60 people for possible locations as well? Also a place that you can eat, then dance...as we want to party into the night....
Thanks again
lisa

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Cariatides is right across the street from the Coral Marien. The restaurant is very nice and the food is amazing. There is a private room they use all the time for weddings etc. they do not have an email but as my office is in the same building I can easily talk to them for you.

The location of the actually ceremony might be limited by who is officiating the ceremony for you. Ask you fiancee to look into this for you.

L

LarrySpencer

Wedding cake

How can one get hold of helmut? I will be getting married on December 17th in Dajabon (the "real" church wedding - because we had the private one in Lake Tahoe, California) at Nuestra Sra. de la Altragracia con Padre Roberto, and we still need someone to make the cake. Does he also transport? that's an awfully long way to go with a wedding cake isn't it? Perhaps he can suggest someone either in Dajabon or Monti Cristi.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
baileyboy said:

lisa

Lisa... Did you want to stay in or around Puerto Plata ?

I and a Partner organise and promote shows... we are right now organising a Fashion & Beauty Show in Cabarete... we live in Sosua. We are also doing a Show in February with food and Valentine's Day. We also have many contacts for organising a Wedding..Venue, Music, Cake, Flowers, Photographs, Recording, Food & Drink, Transport, Hair and Make up etc..... if you can let me know if you are only looking at Puerto Plata area we can see what we can do there but we do have other beautiful venues.
I decided to organise Weddings too as I went to a wedding last year in a resort... it was like a conveyor belt ... one wedding in .. one wedding out... it was not nice. Every Wedding I organise has and will be special.
Please contact me if I can help further.. sylviacheal@hotmail.com

Last edited: