help please

nattyg19

Oct 8, 2005
Hi

I am wanting to move my boyfriend from the dominican to england. Please can someone give me some guidance as to how we go about getting his papers etc to leave

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
It is easier for a citizen from DR to move and visit Europe, in comparence to the for example Canada. But if he is just your boyfriend, and you are not married, you have zero chances in getting him to England.

You need to get the papers at the Min. of Imigration in your country, or he can get them here at the UK embassy or Consulate.

He will need to prove he can support himself financially in England, that he has a place to live etc. He will also need to prove that he is financially stable here in DR ( i.e work, saldo from his bankaccount, land he owns etc etc ).
If he is not employed by a UK company, married to you, and have proof that shows he will come back to DR ( see above ) you stand zero chance in getting him a visitors visa, and below zero in getting him residencial rights.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is so funny!! :p:p His "girlfriend" in Canada asked the same question!!
Wait until Mum get sick and needs some expensive medicines.

Ask him to write you a letter. That would be fun...

Sorry, but you must read Sanky 101...

HB :ermm:

nattyg19

Oct 8, 2005
advise

Hi

tks for the advise we have been going out for a year this christmas. Its me who doesnt want to get married so it looks like I will be moving there.

Nats:classic:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
More Appropriate Name

nattyg19 said:
.... we have been going out for a year this christmas. Its me who doesnt want to get married so it looks like I will be moving there.
Nats

You are betraying yourself.
It's more likely that in the 9 months, that you've known him and having thought that you are "together" with him, you only spent a total of a few days together really.
Your idea of moving here on those grounds tempts me to call you Nuts instead of Nats.

M'frog

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
nattyg19 said:
Hi

I am wanting to move my boyfriend from the dominican to england. Please can someone give me some guidance as to how we go about getting his papers etc to leave

Leaving is not a problem, getting in with the sham relationship (from which he will leave faster than a greased pig down a pole) that will be the hard part with your immigration people who are no dummies when it comes to 5 day relationships with guys from the DR.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I vote that immigration on both sides put together some statistics on how long these relationships last once in country (either one).

Gee once he gets there he is gone, or once she gets there spends all her money then he is gone.

Can't any of these women read other women's posts, and the light bulb in their pewny minds turns on and says "duh this is what is happening to me". I guess not because they are each going to change their man and they are really the one the guys loves and wants to be with.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

nattyg19

Oct 8, 2005
Look not all men are the same I have friends that are with guys from the dom and they are married and great together you cant tar all relationships with the same brush not all men are the same. Im not stupid and do you really think that I would let a guy walk all over me it was a question thats all.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
There are plenty of great men in the Dominican Republic. Majority however would never even think of being with a turista and if there were she sure as he$$ would never be introduced to his mother. Just like there are plenty of good dominican men in the US, Canada, UK, however these are not the tigres with their gold jewlery, their smooth talk and their amazing "first time we met love for you".

And many of the great men in the Dominican Republic are not in areas where the tourists go, like Santiago, Santo Domingo, Bonao, Moca, etc. The offerings are limited in Puerto plata, Sosua, Caberete, Punta Cana, Juan Dolio.
You have to live there to understand the differences - not just live in Puerto Plata, Sosua etc. to know.

nattyg19

Oct 8, 2005
A.J. said:
There are plenty of great men in the Dominican Republic. Majority however would never even think of being with a turista and if there were she sure as he$$ would never be introduced to his mother. Just like there are plenty of good dominican men in the US, Canada, UK, however these are not the tigres with their gold jewlery, their smooth talk and their amazing "first time we met love for you".

And many of the great men in the Dominican Republic are not in areas where the tourists go, like Santiago, Santo Domingo, Bonao, Moca, etc. The offerings are limited in Puerto plata, Sosua, Caberete, Punta Cana, Juan Dolio.
You have to live there to understand the differences - not just live in Puerto Plata, Sosua etc. to know.

I once met a guy from Satiago nice buy yeah but not my type we clicked but not as much as me and my current man do. And by saying current I dont have a different guy every time I go I met this guy from satiago 3 years ago and I was very young

L

LarrySpencer

nattyg19 said:
I once met a guy from Satiago nice buy yeah but not my type we clicked but not as much as me and my current man do. And by saying current I dont have a different guy every time I go I met this guy from satiago 3 years ago and I was very young

Let me guess....you were very young and this guy was, or is at least ten years older than you....very common...you can bet he's played that game a time or ten!

nattyg19

Oct 8, 2005
LarrySpencer said:
Let me guess....you were very young and this guy was, or is at least ten years older than you....very common...you can bet he's played that game a time or ten!

No he wasnt he was the same age as me dont do going out with older guys

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
nattyg19 said:
and do you really think that I would let a guy walk all over me it was a question thats all.

Yes I sure do since that is what you are doing. And the UK immigration people are as likely to give this freeloader a visa as I am to sprout wings and fly there. Wake up.

nattyg19

Oct 8, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Yes I sure do since that is what you are doing. And the UK immigration people are as likely to give this freeloader a visa as I am to sprout wings and fly there. Wake up.

Well it looks like you are going to sprout wings cause although I live in a british community. I dont live on mainland england and things are alot easyer than you think!!!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW WINGS hope your not chubby cause then you will look like a pig!!!!!!:classic:

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
So even though you said in your first post that you want to move him to england - it is not really england but a british community.

If it is part of Great Britain then the rules will be the same. With as many flights that come and go from Great Britain to the DR the officials have wisened up over the years and make the process all that harder.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
nattyg19 said:
Well it looks like you are going to sprout wings cause although I live in a british community. I dont live on mainland england and things are alot easyer than you think!!!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW WINGS hope your not chubby cause then you will look like a pig!!!!!!:classic:

If they are alot [sic] easyer [sic] (*) then why are you here asking how?

(*) If you are English learn to spell in English.

nattyg19

Oct 8, 2005
i was still only asking

ricktoronto said:
If they are alot [sic] easyer [sic] (*) then why are you here asking how?

(*) If you are English learn to spell in English.

God call yourself a forum??? listen to you lot your been taken for a ride bla bla bla forums are set up to help people not to tell people crap they dont want to hear.. I lived in the dom rep for 5 months in boca chica working on a project on a school. You lot dont know jack about me and to tell you something if any one is nasty its you lot. Its like all the forums you cant help going off on one and not helping but making the answers alot worse. Get a life you guys cause just cause you have had a bad experience doent mean we are going to. My best mate's live in the dom and yeah so what if they are poor that doent make them any less in my world. You guys go on about the gettos and stuff yeah I have had some messed up things happen when I am away but thats not going to happen evey time i go there and yeah there are some messed up people who just want money money money but not all people are like that. I live on an island and thats why it is easyer to get to then the uk. Its called Guernsey (not that you guys will know where it is) And the reason why the question was asked was becuase I have 2 options of getting my boyf here via france or the uk. Plus my uncle works for the home office so he is going to help. So what If i cant spell. Dont mean jack to me atleast im going to be happy in life all you can do is tray me off about that. I wouldnt have asked a question if i knew that i was going to get all this with it. By the way i am going back in 10 weeks to the dom and plan to take more sweets and crimbo presents for the kids etc..... But hey im probably not a nice person to you at all because of my comments im not bothered at all :bandit:

L

LarrySpencer

nattyg19 said:
By the way i am going back in 10 weeks to the dom and plan to take more sweets and crimbo presents for the kids etc..... But hey im probably not a nice person to you at all because of my comments im not bothered at all :bandit:

Ten weeks? How long are you staying? It'll be just 6 more weeks for me!!!