Bus Puerto Plata to S. Domingo

B

Bobby Jones

Is it correct that there are only 2 departures a day from Puerto Plata to S. Domingo by bus? Where is the bus station in Puerto Plata? Can I buy a ticket on the bus or do I have to buy one in advance? Is there any risk that the bus is full up?

Bob

D

DR One

You have two choices for an express bus to Santo Domingo -- Metro and Caribe Tours. One will bring you to Leopoldo Navarro Street in Santo Domingo, the other to Av. Winston Churchill (in front the Plaza Central, the largest Santo Domingo shopping center). My personal preference is Metro Bus.

Metro Bus (Tel. 586-6062) Calle Beler corner Calle 16 de Agosto has six departures from Puerto Plata.

Caribe Tours (Tel. 576-0790) Calle 12 de Julio corner Jos? del Carmen Ariza, has 12 departure times.

Buses leave from 6:30 am to 7 pm. Unless you are traveling on a holiday or on Sunday afternoon, you surely will find space on one of the departure times. If you miss one bus, just catch the next. Buses leave on time so you should arrive at least half an hour prior to departure time.

Bring a jacket or sweater as the buses have strong air-conditioners.

T

Tania

How much does it cost including return? Do you have to buy the tickets in advance? Also do they have daily returns from Santo Domingo? Thanks!

N

Nanni

hello tania,

they have nearly the same returns from sto. domingo to puerto plata.

you can buy the tickets in advance, but it isn't neccessary. you can also buy your ticket at the bus-station.

the price of metro-bus was in february 99 80 rds (dominik. peso) for an oneway-ticket. I don't know if they had price-increases or not, but I guess the will increase the prices, because 2 weeks ago generally the prices for gas has been increased about more than 20 %.

regards nanni

P

Paul

Terra Bus also has commenced service from Sosus-Puerto Plata-Santiago -Santo Domingo. I don't, however have any personal experience with them. The preferred choice is Metro tours at 90 pesos, and you can buy your ticket in advance. As mentioned before, don't forget a sweater or jacket! B-r-r-rrrr!!