For Ken

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ken almost every year you ask when the clocks go back well the idea was tossed around about leaving it for a few extra weeks but behold it's been decided we go back this weekend.

So Starting Sunday night you'll have to stay up an extra hour to watch the news.;)

I was sooo :confused: Will they? Won't they? :laugh:

For those that live in the DR you don't need to worry about it, ;) this message is only for Ken. Kind of a public private message.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
For those that live in the DR you don't need to worry about it, ;) this message is only for Ken. Kind of a public private message.

...that has already had 32 other nosey people reading it. Including me. :classic:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Me too! I used the "preview" facility and say that it was about time, so I butted in.

Unfortunately for the DR, this is the start of the long days. We really should stay in tune with the Eastern US (Eastern Standard or Eastern Daylight) but, it is too much of a hassle for the Dominican man in the street. We used to do it all the time, but when they decided to "dumb down" the population, Leonelito did it, I believe.....we have become Atlantic Standard all the time.

Fall back-Spring forward....

HB :(:(:( DOWN WITH THE SMILEY RULE!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you Anna. I had already resigned myself to the fact that I won't be able to watch all my favorite programs for a few months. But I have discovered there is a good side to that. Now when they do all the reruns during the summer months, there will be some that I haven't yet seen. For this reason I no longer publicly wring my hands like I used ;)

Ricardo, the entire country on the same time.

Newcomers to the board may not know that the country tried to fall back/spring ahead when Hippo was president. The experiment was a disaster and was abandoned by popular demand after a very short time.

Last edited:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Ken said:
Newcomers to the board may not know that the country tried to fall back/spring ahead when Hippo was president. The experiment was a disaster and was abandoned by popular demand after a very short time.

Yeah, the airports and airlines were very happy about all the hopping around... :S