DR1 in Sevens - 2005's Best!!!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
DR1’s Best of 2005 List - DR1 in Sevens​

We have decided to compile a list of best postings/posters for the year. Kind of like DR1 in Sevens (you’re infectious, MaineGirl!). The following is a category list. Once we have all your nominations, we will take votes. I have started off the list and given my personal nominations. Of course, up to seven most nominated in each category will be voted then upon for a winner.

Category 1:
“The Kick-Butt Post of 2005”​
My nomination: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43848&highlight=post The Children's Benefit Auction - if not Best Post, definitely best idea

Category 2:
Best Photo Gallery Pic​
My nomination: http://dr1.com/media/cgi-bin/media.cgi?action=view&link=Member_Photos&image=DR1sankies.jpg&img=144&tt=

Category 3:
Best Trip Report​
My nomination: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42595
Changed from original to 2005 trip report

Category 4:
Person you would most like to meet​

My nominations (although I've already had the pleasure of meeting AZB and Hillbilly, I thought I'd add them anyways):
Chirimoya
AZB
Criss Colon
Hillbilly
Larry
Chris (sorry! forgot you originally!)
Cleef
Jane J (oh where oh where are you????....)
Pib and Piblet
MaineGirl

Category 5:
Most Helpful Poster​

My nominations: Lesley D
Anna C
Ken
Hillbilly

Category 6:
Funniest DR Story or Post​

Nomination to follow.

Category 7:
Poster of the Year​

Hmmmmm...my nomination would have to be my the love of my life, Hillbilly!

Okay, I've started the ball rolling...

Last edited:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I´ll add to Category 7: CHRIS
Ready to take us through hurricanes and back if needed, with always clear, focused information, and a touch of humour as well.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Trina, for me this is even worse than the 'life in sevens' challenge, when it come to naming best posters, favourites and most helpful ones. There are several names that spring to the top of most people's lists, but what about the less obvious ones who do good work behind the scenes, the 'unsung heroes' as it were?

Posters I would most like to meet:
Anna C
Jane J.
Keith
Carina
Chris
Trina (but of course!)
Porfio Rubirosa
Tordok

Most of these also qualify in the other categories, along with the ones I've met like HB, Pib, MG, planner, Talldrink, and many more.

I'm sure there are others!

How about a 'poster you would definitely not like to meet' category?;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh man! I've been scratching through 2005 for the past number of hours... This is hard. Trina, you're gonna make us work for it! And some of the posters that I would most like to meet, I know well already... and some of those I feel I know but I know I don't know ;) And when I think I have something, I find that it started in 2004 or 2003... Darn Gosh! Who and what to nominate?

Btw, if you want to see all the threads for the year, go into a forum, scroll to the bottom and set your preferences there to 'the last year'... the default is the last 100 days. I'm now square-eyed and done with business...

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Chris said:
Oh man! I've been scratching through 2005 for the past number of hours... This is hard. Trina, you're gonna make us work for it! And some of the posters that I would most like to meet, I know well already... and some of those I feel I know but I know I don't know ;) And when I think I have something, I find that it started in 2004 or 2003... Darn Gosh! Who and what to nominate?

Btw, if you want to see all the threads for the year, go into a forum, scroll to the bottom and set your preferences there to 'the last year'... the default is the last 100 days. I'm now square-eyed and done with business...

I know, it's much tougher than I thought it would be! I have some threads in my head that I'd like to nominate, but I can't find the darned things!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"If Nominated I Will Not Run,

and If Elected I Will Not Serve!"

I think that "Popularity Contests" $UCK!!!!
They rank right next to all the new "BLOGS" I see on DR1 lately!
I really don't care what you had for breakfast,who you danced with last night,or where you are going tomorrow morning!!!!And I actually know,and like some of you "BLOBERS"!
To me a "BLOG" should be opinions about "Current Events",not what color underware you have on!!
What makes anyone think that there are enough other people on a website interested in their personal life that they should make daily posts about "Nothing"??????
What am I missing here? I had dinner with three DR1 members about a week ago.We had a nice time,we ate,we talked about our personal lives,we had a "Give & Take".But why would aanyone want to post the details of their daily life,and even more wierd,why would anyone want to read them.

Send "PMs" & E-mails to eachother!!!Call eachother on the phone!!!Or how about this for a novel idea? Go see eachother,aand sit and talk face -to-face!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Criss dear some of us that don't live there enjoy pictures of the DR and also see pictures of the people we've met doing what they do in the DR.

I know it's not as exciting as reading about you and two, three hookers and the sex toys but you know some people are not be into that :laugh:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The funniest story is going to be hard to pick if it has to in one in 2005 but I'm looking.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Criss Colon said:

I really don't care what you had for breakfast,who you danced with last night,or where you are going tomorrow morning!!!!And I actually know,and like some of you "BLOBERS"!
To me a "BLOG" should be opinions about "Current Events",not what color underware you have on!!
What makes anyone think that there are enough other people on a website interested in their personal life that they should make daily posts about "Nothing"??????
What am I missing here? I had dinner with three DR1 members about a week ago.We had a nice time,we ate,we talked about our personal lives,we had a "Give & Take".But why would aanyone want to post the details of their daily life,and even more wierd,why would anyone want to read them.

Send "PMs" & E-mails to eachother!!!Call eachother on the phone!!!Or how about this for a novel idea? Go see eachother,aand sit and talk face -to-face!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Now Criss, why would you turn this into a popularity contest? It's not meant to be anything of the like. DR1 wanted to appreciate the positive influences on the board, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Just shows you can't please everyone...

BTW, do you think you're being just a little hypocritical when you condemn others for talking about their personal lives when we all know way too much about your own sex life?:bandit:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Criss Colon said:

Blah, blah, blah......

You feel better now? Good.

Let's continue with nominating posters...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Like Criss, I have my reservations about 'popularity contests' for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

As for the blogs, Criss is wrong about their definition. Blogs can be as mundane or lofty as the blogger chooses, and it's up to the readers to decide which to read, according to their interests.

That's the beauty of it.

If I want to blog about lost gloves (and I promise, there is one out there in cyberspace dedicated to just that) or orgies with three-legged pink poodles (ditto, I'm sure), I am free to do so (though probably not on DR1, especially in the case of the latter).

I'm also free to choose which ones to read and which not, as is Criss.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Nominations for ?The Kick-Butt Post of 2005?

Like Criss and Chiri, I'm not a contest person. Nevertheless I think this will be a good one for DR1 and I'll play....

My nominations for “The Kick-Butt Post of 2005” (not the best, not the most eloquent, but expressing the most love and passion for the place where we find ourselves... )

First.. http://www.dr1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=336072&postcount=1 Dear Mr President by Frank Alvarez - for its passion and honesty!

and Second nomination... (He'll probably faint when he sees this... ;)
The Cibao, by NalOwhs - http://www.dr1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=330433&postcount=1 for its love!

In Category 4 - DR1'ers that I would like to meet most... well I've met most, but of those that I have not met, I would like to meet Chiri most.