Dominican CD?

MissB

Nov 6, 2005
Hi There!
I recently visited the Dominican (totally fell in love with it.. amazing place)
and was given a cd by someone I met out there.
Unfortunately the cd is a bootleg and some of the tracks don't work very well... but I absolutely love it!!
Despite searches on Amazon and all the other online music stores I know I can't find it anywhere so I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a copy of Reggaeton: Del Mudo 2005-2006 online? (I think this is the full title.. it's what it says on the case I've got)
They seemed to be playing it alot out there last month....

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me!!

B ;)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Many of those disks you buy are compilations of a few disks and may not actually exist outside the place you bought it. If it is spelled you way you said they spelled "mundo" wrong, not likely on a studio album.

Note you visited the Dominican Republic, Dominican is a person there.

MissB

Nov 6, 2005
Really? Wow, Ok Thanks for that info... that's a shame, I was really hoping to get a copy of it..
Nevermind...
oh and I got the 'don't call it the dominican' after reading around a bit but after posting! oops...will remember next time, thankyou for replying though.. much appreciated ;)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Reggaeton in general

If you like this genre of music it's everywhere and readily available. You will not get the same compilation cd since it was not the original but a contemporary compilation cd will most likely have the songs you are looking for with a mix of the popular artists of the genre. For example Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Tego Calderon, Ivy Queen etc. On Amazon search under Reggaeton Hits 2004/5 and you can sample a few songs.

Just an fyi don't buy cds on the street in the DR...yes they are cheap but you get what you pay for.

LDG.

MissB said:
Really? Wow, Ok Thanks for that info... that's a shame, I was really hoping to get a copy of it..
Nevermind...
oh and I got the 'don't call it the dominican' after reading around a bit but after posting! oops...will remember next time, thankyou for replying though.. much appreciated ;)

MissB

Nov 6, 2005
Hi Lesley,

Thanks very much for that, I will have a look around, I definately loved the music I heard everywhere in DR.. the cd I think was bought at a fiesta. I didn't buy it myself, it was bought for me buy a local who worked at our hotel.. it was a leaving gift.. I thought maybe it might be a copy of an actual album because he had it in his car which is where I heard it originally although alot of the tracks seemed to be being played around the local towns...
thanks for your help though, I will have a listen to some other stuff, I consider myself lucky just to have a copy really..

Cheers!

B

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
PM me a list of the songs you need with your e mail address and I will send you the MP3's!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If you do order online, try cduniverse.com...never ordered reggaeton from them but they are a great and very reliable service.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Speaking of MP3's what's a good music sharing ;) program these days? winamp is gone and I was having a heck of a time finding an old popurri mix of Juan Gabriel from 1990. Limewire stopped after about 1/2 the song was downloaded. In desperation I finally downloaded kazaa lite and after three stops I did get my song. yippee

But I had to get rid of a lot of junk from my computer even though it says they have no spyware.

Thanks

MissB

Nov 6, 2005
Wow.. thankyou Tamborista.. that would be amazing.. I will just pm you the songs that do not work.. thats great!!
thanks also drloca.. i will try them
anna.. i use limewire which is pretty good in my experience....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
MissB said:
anna.. i use limewire which is pretty good in my experience....

Yes I thought so too till I searched for this particular song but otherwise it's been great.

MissB

Nov 6, 2005
Filesharing

Sorry Anna..
I must have overlooked the bit where you said you had tried limewire already!
I think i might try mule too then.. my housemate is a total IT nerd and she uses Soulseek althuogh I havent tried it myself she loves it so might be worth a go?

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Hey Miss B,

I've a compilation of about 125 Bachatas and Merengue on one MP3 CD, if you are on continental Canada or USA I can mail it to you.

Don't worry about the postage I can afford the stamps HIHIHI

if interested PM me.

I am in Canada

Cheers

Alain