Using the wireless hotspots

sunman6

Jun 9, 2002
I understand from the WIFI web page that there are 2 locations in Boca Chica where one can use wireless internet, at 2 beachfront bars..... and I'm assuming I must spend at least the price of a beer to enjoy the privilege, which is fine with me. I'm planning on using Skype to make my calls back home throught the laptop. Will this work on wireless? I can't imagine it not working. Do I sign up for a wireless service or just jump on? I have been at campgrounds in the US where one must enrol with HOTSPOTZZ or some such service and I've been at others and at restaurants where you actually go onto their own service without signing up and without cost.
I'll be staying at Neptune's Refugio and they don't have dsl and have offered that I can hook up a phone and have dial up access in my apartment. Whoop di doo! I have no idea what those costs would be but I'm only going to be there a little under 5 months this year so I'm sure it's not worth it.
I would love to find similar accomodations that include dsl for under $1000/mo USD if anyone knows of such a situation.
Thanks!:classic:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Skype works OK on wireless - I use it with wireless in AA's Admirals Clubs when I travel. If you use Peter and Flemmings service at Playa Vista I think it would behoove you to pay for a few drinks.