Renew Dominican Passport in DR

May 31, 2005
Does anyone know if you can still renew your Dominican passport at Las Americas airport? Can someone give me more information on this? I will be going to the DR on the 24th and I need to renew my passport. I live in Orlando and I really don't want to go to Miami to renew my passport.

Thanks!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can go to the Migracion office on the Malecon to do this.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Many Dominicans Fail To Notice That their Passport Has Expired

Until they arrive at the airport!! "Duh!"
Sooooooo they have an office at "Las Americas Airport" where you can renew your "DR"passport(Same passport,just some new "Stamps" etc.That way your USA Visa is still good,and in your passport!) and still make your flight! If you are not Too Late,and Too Drunk,like many dominicans! Now,I don't know if you can just "walk-In" and renew,or not.My guess is that you can.Even if you "can't" my guess is that for 500 pesos you "CAN";) ;);) :bandit:
Give it a shot!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 31, 2005
Thanks Criss. I saw in an old news article on DR1 that is in the archives that they started to do this. I just wasn't sure if they were still doing that since the article is from several years back. I'll try anyway. I would rather do it over there than to drive to Miami and back. Thanks!