Looking for cigaerettes

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Folks, I smoke Camel non-filtered cigarettes, but I've found it difficult to find them when in POP. Does anyone know of a place that sells them, either in POP or a surrounding area? I am thinking about taking a leave of absence sometime next year for about a month and coming down to stay but, believe it or not, not being able to find my cigarettes might have a huge impact on whether or not I do this. I'm not interested in bringing in more cartons than is allowable as the possible hassle for me is just not worth it. Even so, I thought about packing 2 cartons in my checked luggage, and then purchasing another 2 cartons at Duty Free in the airport, but I've always not been able to get them in the Duty Free shops either. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
The owners of Tropical Supermercado takes in if you buy frequently.
I did that for a year here, with my cigarettes, then I moved over to local as the prices where out of line. But yours are American, and that would keep the prices more down to earth.
One of the ladies in the family that runs the supermarket is American by the way.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Hillbilly said:
Quit smoking cigarettes!

Switch to cigars.

HB :D:D:D

You know, I used to smoke cigars quite a bit several years ago (I actually had every issue of Cigar Afficianado) and, in fact, was on the verge of opening a cigar shop until there were found to be environmental problems with the building I was leasing. Just as unfortunate was that I was finding myself waking up in the middle of the night with a clump of mucous in my throat, and decided to cut way back on them. Admittedly, I was smoking both cigars and cigarettes at the time. Now, it's just the occasional Romeo and Julieta (panatella). Hope I can stop over in December and have one with you. If not, maybe January.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
carina said:
The owners of Tropical Supermercado takes in if you buy frequently.
I did that for a year here, with my cigarettes, then I moved over to local as the prices where out of line. But yours are American, and that would keep the prices more down to earth.
One of the ladies in the family that runs the supermarket is American by the way.

You know, we tried like hell to find that place (Tropical Supermercado) and never could. I thought about calling you, but didn't want to impose. I'm going to have to make it a point to know how to get there when I return.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
jackquontee said:
You know, we tried like hell to find that place (Tropical Supermercado) and never could. I thought about calling you, but didn't want to impose. I'm going to have to make it a point to know how to get there when I return.

LOl.. That´s the place me & Scott took you to on your first visit when we gave you the 1 dollar tour.
Next time you come I think it is time for the 5 dollar tour....LOL:classic:

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Camel

Jackquontee,

there is a litlte street ( Callejón ) in Cabarete, if you are willing to drive there, where they have all kind of cigarettes you can think of. You can access it by the beach or by the main street. On the corner you find CHEZ MARLENE.
Turn Left when you see Marlene's restaurant and it's right in the middle of the Callejón.

Cheers

Alain

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Funny, the paletero in front of my office just asked me if I wanted to buy some Camels for $60 pesos a pack! His brother brought them down from Nueba Yol!

cabroncito

Oct 20, 2005
juanita said:
Funny, the paletero in front of my office just asked me if I wanted to buy some Camels for $60 pesos a pack! His brother brought them down from Nueba Yol!

how much is 60 pesos in US dollars/cents?

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Dominican Malboros are at $50 pesos so he put it at $60, he probably doesn't have an idea how much they are in the US.