Looking for Employment

D

Diana P. Torres

Hello-I am a 26 year old American female who will be graduating in December with a Masters Degree in International Affairs from Columbia University. I am looking for a job in Santo Dominigo beginning in late January for an indefinite period. I am perfectly fluent in English, Spanish, and French. I hold a Bachelors degree from Columbia University, a Masters from the Sorbonne University (Paris) and soon one in International Affairs from Columbia University.

I am looking for a professional position in the private sector. Please find attached my resume for your review. Please email me if you may have any positions suited to my background.

Cordially yours,

DIANA P. TORRES-Michon 549 Riverside Drive, #3k New York, NY 10027 (212) 665-5805 email:dpt3@columbia.edu

dpmtorres@aol.com EDUCATION COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA)- New York, NY Expected Master of International Affairs-Expected 12/99 Relevant coursework: Cost-Benefit Analysis, Project Management, Statistics, Macro and Microeconomics, Contemporary Brazilian Economics, and Economic Development of Africa

SORBONNE UNIVERSITY - Paris, France French Masters (D.E.A) in Sociology/History of Latin America- Received 10/1996 Relevant courses: Contemporary Analysis of Latin American Political Systems and History of Francophone Africa

BARNARD COLLEGE OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY - New York, NY 1991-1995 BA, Latin American Studies- Received 5/95

RELATED EXPERIENCE TRICKLE UP (TUP)- Benin and Mali Micro-enterprise Grant Consultant 6/99-7/99 ? Monitored and evaluated performance of 7 TUP micro-enterprise Coordinating Agencies in Benin and 4 in Mali. ? Interviewed and evaluated progress of over 40 entrepreneurs in remote rural areas who had received TUP start-up business grants. ? Reviewed entrepreneur business plans and reported on business growth potential. ? Assessed credentials of over 20 potential TUP local and international NGO partners. ? Researched potential donors and met with Benenese United Nations Development Representative to discuss possible funding and TUP partnership. ? Organized 3 national conferences regarding TUP programs and poverty assessment criteria's for prospective coordinating NGO's and existing partners.

DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS/MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF)-New York, NY 5/98-6/99 Communications and Outreach Associate ? Created Speakers Bureau, developing into a micro-division of the Outreach and Education Department. doubled speaker events within 6 months and systematized requests and evaluations. ? Researched and arranged national educational presentations of returning field volunteers. Responsible for identifying MSF volunteers for academic presentations. Coordinated MSF participation in national and international medical conferences; administered abstracts and panel presentation materials. ? Conducted outreach to Latino media concerning MSF programs in Latin America and volunteers. ? Developed pro-active approach to Combined Federal Campaign to raise funds for MSF-USA. ? Represented MSF-USA at the XXVI World Conference on Health Promotion Conference in Puerto Rico and interviewed potential medical volunteers.

Executive Assistant 9/97-5/98 ? Handled all aspects of Board of Advisors maintenance: coordinated yearly conferences, scheduled meetings, luncheons, and management of Executive Director's relations with Board of Directors. ? Collaborated with Program Development Officer on research relating to impending MSF field projects and proposals. ? Assisted United Nations delegate by attending NGO and United Nations conferences. ? Maintained communications with Executive Director's international MSF network contacts and large donors.

SKILLS: PowerPoint, SPSS, Excel, WordPerfect, and MicrosoftWord. LANGUAGES: Fluent and literate in Spanish and French. Working knowledge of Italian. HOBBIES: Traveled and lived in France, Cuba, Benin, and the Dominican Republic. Flamenco Dance and Photography.