"A Funny Thing Happened At The Thanksgiving/Auction In Sosua!!"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was sitting at the bar discussing the state of "Women's Rights In Pakistan" with "AZB",when a nice looking,welldressed gentleman came up to me and introduced himself.
He said that he loved reading my posts on DR1,that he had learned so many valuable facts about "life" in the DR from me,and he wanted to thank me personally for all my help! I was somewhat "confussed" as you might expect.Most of the people at the event had shunned AZB and me the entire night!!!The distinguished stranger went on to say that he had gone to university near where I was born in "West Virginia".Then I had it! I asked him who he thought I was? "Why you are "Hillbilly" aren't you? he questioned.(Sorry Luis!)
"No",I informed him,"I'm Cris Colon"!
The color drained from his face,as did his smile!
"You mean CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC?"he asked.,his voice little more than a wisper as he swallowed hard trying to regain his composure!
"Yes!" I informed him.
"AZB" later remarked that he had never seen anyone backtrack as fast as the Mysterious Stranger"!
So to help anyone avoid any further embarasment:
"Hillbilly" resembles former Surgeon General of the United States Edward
Coop,and I look like a cross between Burl Ives,and Wilfred Brimley,both on steroids!

By the way,AZB bought me a Club Soda! And we had a nice time conversing.We just stayed away from eachothers "Hot Button Issues" and everything was fine.I even invited him to spend the night in my hotel room,(Extra Bed!) but he said no,his goat was waiting up for him in Santiago! A "Slim,well educated goat,from a rice family.A goat with her own car,a "Model" goat with long straight hair,a university educated goat with a good job!!! So he made his excuses,took two "LaPelas" and headed out into the dark and foggy night!;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You are so very funny. I can actually see this happening! What a hoot...wish I would've been there. I have been waiting for years to meet the great Criss Colon.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That's strange.
I find both you & AZB, entertaining & personable, in the flesh.
The dude who backed away from you, doesn't know what he is missing.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The gentleman who approached CC was indeed a clean educated looking gentleman. he is unknown to many as he has posted only once. He had approached me earlier because he knew me from Photos. Turns out he enjoys my posts (well most of them) and I guess he had his blood boiled on a few not so interesting ones. Non-the-less he was very interested in what I had to write about santiago. I guess he wants a wife from there as well.
The CC encounter between them was sure funny. I was also shaking my head when he said that he extracted good advice from CC's posts (thinking he WAS HILLBILLY). CC sure had a weird look on his face as he struggled to figure out what the joke was all about. We both understood the confusion when he mentioned West Virginia. Hahahahaha. The poor guy had to find a way for a quick exit upon finding out he was talking to the most hated person on Dr1 (CC). Hahahahah.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Criss Colon said:

"You mean CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC?"
he asked.,his voice little more than a wisper as he swallowed hard trying to regain his composure!
"Yes!" I informed him.
"AZB" later remarked that he had never seen anyone backtrack as fast as the Mysterious Stranger"!

That's the funniest thing I've read all day. :laugh: Thanks cccccc ;)

HeadHunter

Jul 22, 2005
A simple error

Criss Colon said:
I was sitting at the bar discussing the state of "Women's Rights In Pakistan" with "AZB",when a nice looking,welldressed gentleman came up to me and introduced himself.
He said that he loved reading my posts on DR1,that he had learned so many valuable facts about "life" in the DR from me,and he wanted to thank me personally for all my help! I was somewhat "confussed" as you might expect.Most of the people at the event had shunned AZB and me the entire night!!!The distinguished stranger went on to say that he had gone to university near where I was born in "West Virginia".Then I had it! I asked him who he thought I was? "Why you are "Hillbilly" aren't you? he questioned.(Sorry Luis!)
"You mean CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC?"he asked.,his voice little more than a wisper as he swallowed hard trying to regain his composure!
"Yes!" I informed him.
Coop,and I look like a cross between Burl Ives,and Wilfred Brimley,both on steroids!

By the way,AZB bought me a Club Soda! And we had a nice time conversing.We just stayed away from eachothers "Hot Button Issues" and everything was fine.I even invited him to spend the night in my hotel room,(Extra Bed!) but he said no,his goat was waiting up for him in Santiago! A "Slim,well educated goat,from a rice family.A goat with her own car,a "Model" goat with long straight hair,a university educated goat with a good job!!! So he made his excuses,took two "LaPelas" and headed out into the dark and foggy night!;)

Good morning Chris. Peter is the mysterious stanger [HeadHunter] Even though you are not who I thought, it was a pleasure to meet you. And as I stated at the time, I have also learned a great deal from you also. While I often disagree, who have a unique prospective and I respect it.

I hope to return on a permanent basis in February or March and hope our paths will cross many times.

all the best,

HeadHunter or hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HeadHunter

Jul 22, 2005
A simple error

Criss Colon said:
"Yes!" I informed him.

Good morning Chris. Peter is the mysterious stanger [HeadHunter] Even though you are not who I thought, it was a pleasure to meet you. And as I stated at the time, I have also learned a great deal from you also. While I often disagree, who have a unique prospective and I respect it.

I hope to return on a permanent basis in February or March and hope our paths will cross many times.

all the best,

HeadHunter or hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Peter, I hope you do come to live here!
I think, by the short conversations we´ve had, you will be happy here!
And I will have someone to discuss wine with!

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
Conflicting opinions aside, you have to admit that the CCCCC thing has some strange, paranormal ability to annoy. I don't know why, as I don't normally invest emotionally in chatboards (with some notable topical exceptions), but for some reason that CCCCCCCC thing slides in under my defences and runs its fingernails on the blackboard of my mind.

Strange how one can develop an immunity to the varios major hassles, yet be subject to the mundane. I'm sure there's a lesson in there for me somewhere!

Best regards to all who showed up and/or pitched in for a worthy cause at Eddy's. Nice to see we share a community spirit if not necessarily a communal point of view.

Joe
Then just for you JOE(JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcolon

Last edited by a moderator: