coming for a visit

BIG C

Nov 25, 2005
HI,THIS IS MY FIRST TIME, SO BE GENTLE. I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH THE DR FOR MANY YEARS. I USE TO WORK HERE IN THE EARLY 90'S BRINGING IN WOOD AND STEEL BY TUG AND BARGE. WELL, FINALY I CAN COME BACK AND HOPFULLY RELAXE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. I WILL BE FLYING INTO PUNTA CANA(CHEAPEST AIRFARE) IN JAN. BUT NEED TO GET TO PUERTO PLATA. WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS. IS RENTING A CAR AND DRIVING THE BEST WAY, OR ARE THERE BUSES THAT MAKE THE TRIP. IS THER ANY PLACE ON THE ISLAND I CAN RENT A HARLEY? ANY ADVICE AND INFO. YOU CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE HELPFUL.
THANKS,
BIG C
BIGC3610@AOL.COM

P.S. ITS SNOWING LIKE CRAZY RITE NOW...................HERE IN MICHIGAN

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Why are you flying into Punta Cana if you want to stay Puero Plata, just fly into POP or at least STI and take a bus from there. From Punta Cana to Puerto Plata is a hell of trip by bus and considering you'll have to do a return trip if you rent a car. You are looking at a 5-6 hour travel time.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Spend the extra money and fly into Santiago or Puerto Plata.

You should know that you will lose two of your vacation days just travelling back and forth to Punta Cana...Not worth it, IMO ...

Really, think about it. Hours and hours on the road...and it is not cheap to rent a car...

Look at the alternatives of getting to STI or POP...
From Santiago, depending on your arrival time, a taxi is $50 to Puerto Plata, $60 to Sosua.
A combination of taxi-bus-taxi would be even cheaper and take just a pair of hours.

HB :D:D:D:D

I see great minds think alike!!! :p:p:p

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Ricardo900 said:
Why are you flying into Punta Cana if you want to stay Puero Plata, just fly into POP or at least STI and take a bus from there. From Punta Cana to Puerto Plata is a hell of trip by bus and considering you'll have to do a return trip if you rent a car. You are looking at a 5-6 hour travel time.

If people read enough posts here they all think PUJ is the logical choice to get to POP as everyone seems to do it saving all of $50 in the process

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
so true

ricktoronto said:
If people read enough posts here they all think PUJ is the logical choice to get to POP as everyone seems to do it saving all of $50 in the process
I wonder how many lives DR1 saved by correcting peoples mis-information, hahaha

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Soon SAP Airlines non stop flights to Petitionville, a short drive to the resorts in POP and LRM. Bullet proof vests extra.