Cabrete or Playa Dorado for Nightlife???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallcutesbm

Jul 30, 2005
I am going to the DM in January. Should I stay at Playa Dorado or Cabrete for the discos and bars? I am a single male in my 30's. How many minutes is Playa Dorado from Cabrete by taxi??

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Cabarete is my advice

tallcutesbm said:
I am going to the DM in January. Should I stay at Playa Dorado or Cabrete for the discos and bars? I am a single male in my 30's. How many minutes is Playa Dorado from Cabrete by taxi??

I was in a Cabarete disco exactly a month ago tonight. Onno's to be exact. There are several right beside each other. They back right onto the beach and as they fill up the crowd just expands onto the beach. I was the oldest one there I am sure but it didn't stop me from grooving. It was absolutely bloody fantastic.

Altho I have never been to Playa Dorado I can not imagine they have anything to compare to the atmosphere at Onno's in the middle of Cabarete.

The place was packed with absolutely beautiful woman. Amazingly most of them were white. Mostly European 'dolls'.

Definitely worth a night or two there no matter where you are staying. Its about 40 minutes from Playa Dorada. Roughly a $40 to $45 taxi ride.

Kiwi Bruce

P.S. I also really enjoyed the NV and Classico Disco's in Sosua.

illwill76

Oct 11, 2005
Kiwi I just came from Puerto Plata my first visit to the Dominican Republic which was a life altering experience now I'm going back in February which places should I visit during my next visit Cabrete or Playa Dorado. Basically Kiwi where are the women most present at I need atleast two more novias and a wife LOL.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
tallcutesbm said:

No question that Cabarette or Sosua would be a much better experience if it is bars and discos you are looking for. Nightlife in both towns is great...tom

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Quite frankly it depends on what you are looking for!!! To the OP tell us what you are wanting and then those of us who live here can stear you in the right direction!

What is wonderful to one will not necessarily fit the needs of someone else.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
All opinions were welcome I thought

planner said:
those of us who live here can stear you in the right direction!

I hope that wasn't meant to mean that those of us who don't live there don't know what they are talking about.

Have you been in the NV or Classico disco's in the last month. Or to Onno's in Cabarete also.

Am I getting a little testy, a little thinned skinned maybe, lol.

Kiwi Bruce

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Nope that wasn't directed at anyone, just a general statement Kiwi.....

BTW, I go out regularly but not to Cabarete.... so that is not my area of expertise........

ally

Dec 8, 2005
night life

we stayed on the playa dorada site and everyone went to sosua or cabarete for the evening!

does that answer your question? ;)

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
ally said:
we stayed on the playa dorada site and everyone went to sosua or cabarete for the evening!

does that answer your question? ;)

Where in Playa Dorada did you stay??

ally

Dec 8, 2005
we stayed in the Fun Royale/Fun Tropicale resort

every night they put on taxis to sosua or caberete and the place would empty!

even the staff went there!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I went to Classico disco in Sosua almost every night while I was there last Dec. . To be honest with you it is full off hard-core prostitutes (putas), I don't have anything against them but it became very tiring at the end. I love dancing but these girls weren't interested in that (they don't want to waste their time and enrgy on the dance floor !?). So right after the first drink they start talking business, if you are not interested they immidiately move on.

After a few nights none of them even wanted to speak to me. I basically weren't in the disco to pick up putas (very bad place for that, do not recommend it - FYI they all double their prices in discos !?!), just drink and dance and have a laugh.

I reckon in Cabarete you get many more tourists/ex-pats/foriegners as oppose to putas, so decide what you want and you can choose wisely.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
re Uzin
I usually drops by Classico Disco 2 or 3 nights a week, and most time the dance floor is filled up with local girls. I find it very strange you didn't find a girl to dance with.

Status
Not open for further replies.