stelle and doing business in DR

Koumar

Dec 22, 2005
Hello to everybody
wishing a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Like mu last email, I am looking information regarding the possibility of
relocale myself in DR. Buying a house/apartment and to do business.
Can someone give me ideas. Starting new / buying a existing business?
I will higlhy appreciated your coments
regards
koumar

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Welcome to DR1. I would first suggest that you spend some time reading the forums, searching thru the threads using the search function. A lot of this has been covered under various different threads.

Once you have some good background research done, come on back with your questions and ideas. Then we can offer you some feedback.

By the way, how many times have you visited the country?

Koumar

Dec 22, 2005
Tks for yr answer, I was just going trought the search and is is scary, many peoples had bad experience but I feel something must be good. I have only visited DR 2 times in vacations.Thanks for your suggestions and I will kept on
looking the search to get more informations, and will get in touch with you.
tks and Merry Christmas and Happy new year
regards
koumar

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well a Merry Christmas to you, too!

Now, it seems to me, being the sort of fellow that I am, that you need to do more thinking and searching.

In the first place you do not know anything about the Dominican Republic.

In the second place, you have not told us what talents you are bringing to the DR, other than the fact thatyou want to buy or establish a business.

What kind of business do you want to look into? Cell phones --There are thousands of them here. Call centers? There are hundreds. Nail salons? There are thousands. Motels? There are hundreds of them....

It appears that your best bet would be to come here, not as a tourist, but as a business man...that means dressing like a business man with shoes and socks and shirts, ties and jackets, if you want to make a good impression.

Find yourself a nice place to stay for a month or so and look into whatever it is you like to do. Now that makes sense.

Cordially,

HB :D:D

Koumar

Dec 22, 2005
Thanks for your fantastic opinion. You are right I don`t know anything about
DR.This the reason that I am asking opinion from peoples in DR.Please do note hesitate to give your remarks, I will be gratefull.
Tks and Happy new year
regards
koumar

Sep 19, 2005
It must be the holidays...thank god. The site is being OVERLY silent on this thread. The guy with a good clue got ripped to shreds......maybe there is a huge "feel sorry" syndrome going around. I know I am different, but after a bunch of trips I definatley DONT want to start a buisness here

best of luck in your venture...maybe it will be something I would like to spend money on...bob

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Koumar said:
Hello to everybody
wishing a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Like mu last email, I am looking information regarding the possibility of
relocale myself in DR. Buying a house/apartment and to do business.
Can someone give me ideas. Starting new / buying a existing business?
I will higlhy appreciated your coments
regards
koumar
My biggest advice to you is this:

Come, identify a need, and fulfill that need!

Remember, do not get into a business sector that has heavy competition or in a sector that is dominated by strong large companies, unless you have a truly innovating product or service or idea.

Also, polish your people skills and networking. Doing business here is about becoming friends with your business acquaintances, even virtual family.

Best wishes!

-NAL

Oh, I almost forgot, Merry Christmas and may you have a happy and prosperous new year!:classic:

Koumar

Dec 22, 2005
I am from Portugal.
My line of business right now is wholesale and import from China and European
countries.
Regards
Happy new year
koumar