Breaking news

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Seeing as the DR1 news is on its new year's break, I thought I'd mention a couple of the important news stories of the last day or two.

Today's headlines confirm recent reports that the DR's entry into DR-CAFTA is being postponed.

Yesterday's press was dominated by the story that the Refineria Nacional is accepting blame for the damage caused by 'adulterated' or 'untreated' (depending which paper you read) gasoline to thousands of vehicles. Those affected will be compensated, they say.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DR1 has been predicting that the DR-CAFTA would not start up until April....

Of course, for the DR, this will allow Leonel to continue handling 38 billion pesos of the budget as he sees fit ( new dresses for his companion (you can lead a ("horticulture") but you can't make her a lady!!) that cost 10 minimum wages each.....with no controls over any of this....disgusting...:(:(:(:(

HB

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Chirimoya said:
Yesterday's press was dominated by the story that the Refineria Nacional is accepting blame for the damage caused by 'adulterated' or 'untreated' (depending which paper you read) gasoline to thousands of vehicles. Those affected will be compensated, they say.

Chiri, sorry to disgress on this one, but the Refiner?a (Shell) accepts no responsibility, and denies any wrongdoing, and insists the 'anomalies' occurred outside their premises. Meanwhile the Ministry (Industria y Comercio) publicly accuses the Refinery for this 'unpardonable negligence'.

DIARIO LIBRE

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I knew it wouldn't last, but I didn't think it would happen that quickly!

I admit, I only read yesterday's El Nacional and this just confirms my low opinion of that particular rag.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Hillbilly said:
DR1 has been predicting that the DR-CAFTA would not start up until April....

Of course, for the DR, this will allow Leonel to continue handling 38 billion pesos of the budget as he sees fit ( new dresses for his companion (you can lead a ("horticulture") but you can't make her a lady!!) that cost 10 minimum wages each.....with no controls over any of this....disgusting...:(:(:(:(

HB
I posted an article last week about all the tax revenue that the government will make by postponing the agreement until July. More of the same...corruption...abuse the people...etc etc.

This is why personal philanthropy and community projects are so important. The Government will never...EVER...do the things they need to do to get the Dominican society on the right track.

Donate some money, or some time, to a worthy project. Teach a kid to read. Organize a clean-up. Don't expect the government...especially this one...to do ANYTHING. I see very little difference between the political parties. They are all out for themselves.

Scandall