La Romana this Feb

carlg

Jan 3, 2006
New 2 Site...Heading to La Romana this Feb

Hello everybody?.New to the site and it?s very informative?
Thanks to all who support it.

My wife and I are excited to make our first visit to DR this Feb?

It?s been a few years since our last vacation, and I need one badly so after looking all over the world I decided on DR and I?m sure it will be a great time.

I?ll be staying at the Sunscape Casa Del Mar in La Romana?Did I pick a good one?????

The price seemed very reasonable and from what I can tell, it?s the perfect spot for us.

We just want to chill and relax for 10 days and being in our late 50?s?our disco days are behind us?.lol

Eating, drinking and being waited on will be our main objective?probably will do some snorkeling and wind surfing too? Oh did I mention I?ll be doing some girl watching too? Never to old to look!!!!:classic:

If any of you have any feedback regarding the Casa Del Mar or the area?please let me know.

Thanks for the time and looking forward to this trip?And I?ll fill ya in when we get back..

Thanks
Carl

P.S. Any nude beaches near by?.lol?.hummmm;)

Last edited:

carlg

Jan 3, 2006
Just looking for any input at the Sunscape Casa Del Mar in La Romana..

Thanks

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I stayed there for a few days a couple of years ago. Some friends came in on a package trip from Canada and I joined them for the weekend. Very nice hotel, good physical plant, decent food, and the service was very good. Just remember to tip on the first trip to the bar and then tip every once in a while afterwards, then while others are waiting in line you will be served in no time. I liked the Japanese restaurant the best of the specialty places. Try the horse back ride to the cave with the lake inside, very nice way to see some countryside. I would suggest you try to learn a few words and phrases of Spanish before you arrive.

You should have a great time, remember to post a trip report.