At the Carwash !!

karibbeankidd

Oct 5, 2005
Okay - I keep seeing "carwashes" mentioned as a place to go party so could somebody please explain
Thanks
.:beard:

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
You need to do a search here, and you will find that they are small-time "discos." The story of the name is quite interesting, look it up and chuckle.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
samanasuenos said:
You need to do a search here, and you will find that they are small-time "discos." The story of the name is quite interesting, look it up and chuckle.

Did a search and came up with so many posts it would take hours to find out "The story of the name".

badpiece33 said:
Gotta see it to believe it

Is the carwash on the main highway in Sosua a carwash to "see and believe it"?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
bigbird said:
Is the carwash on the main highway in Sosua a carwash to "see and believe it"?

Yes! ;)

It's no big deal, at night the carwash puts on music and people dance and drink. We stopped in there once just for the experience.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Car Wash you are talking about in Sosua is closed. If you want to see a real Dominican Car Wash in that area, go to Sabanetta to the Isla gas station.

Go about midnight or later. Friday, Saturday, and Sundays are best.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
SKY said:
The Car Wash you are talking about in Sosua is closed. If you want to see a real Dominican Car Wash in that area, go to Sabanetta to the Isla gas station.

Go about midnight or later. Friday, Saturday, and Sundays are best.

How far is Sabanetta from Sosua? Do you think it is worth the trip to go?

Anna Coniglio said:
It's no big deal, at night the carwash puts on music and people dance and drink. We stopped in there once just for the experience.

So if staying in Sosua you can pretty much experience the same thing at one of the discos?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
bigbird said:
So if staying in Sosua you can pretty much experience the same thing at one of the discos?

Not sure what you mean. Dancing and drinking goes on in most clubs. ;)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
Not sure what you mean. Dancing and drinking goes on in most clubs. ;)

What I am saying is a carwash is no different than any club except during the day it is a carwash.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Gd

Tamborista said:
I am told, Carwash Gomez Diaz has takeout!

I have seen takeout from there personally.

JD

PS: Coming from the south to Gomez Diaz the police like to have a safety check about a half mile before you get there.

monsoon68

Dec 19, 2005
I have been in one near Cofresi -- on road to Santiago --. You can have a beer and dance local music (bachata and merengue). Sometimes they have live bands.

A

apostropheman

Jersey Devil said:
I have seen takeout from there personally.

JD

PS: Coming from the south to Gomez Diaz the police like to have a safety check about a half mile before you get there.

what kind of food we taling here...comida dominicana...creole...?:eek: ;)

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
The main difference between most carwashes and the clubs is that while your getting your lube and oil change, your car can also be washed at the same time, very efficient and time saving, don't you think.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Yes! ;)

The carwashes play music and serve drinks all day long not just at night. You can get your car handwashed inside-out, top to bottom (undercarriage). While you wait you can drink and dance. Some have rooms.