Morirso?ando -- the book.

CRISOSTOMO

May 18, 2005
home.earthlink.net
Hey, just wanted to tell everyone about a book of short stories, written in Spanish, that I have just published. It's called ?Morirso?ando? because it is a mixture of sweet and acrid characters --like the orange, milk and sweet used to prepare the unique Dominican drink. The characters in it move through the dream and death realms, often without knowing it. ?Morirso?ando? is to die dreaming -- although I saw someone gave the term the less literal translation of "daydreaming", which is also good. Some of the stories explore "Dominicaness" (don't know what else to call it) beyond living in the territory.

Intrigued? Get the book, have a sip of morirso?ando and start reading! ;)

To know more: http://www.victormanuelramos.com/morirsonando.htm

Hey, quer?a decirle a todos de un libro de cuentos, escritos en espa?ol, que acabo de publicar. Se llama ?Morirso?ando? porque es una mezcla de personajes agridulces -- como la naranja, la leche evaporada y el dulce que se usan para preparar la singular bebida dominicana. Los personajes en este libro se mueven a trav?s de los reinos del sue?o y la muerte, muchas veces sin saberlo. ?Morirso?ando? es morir so?ando, o so?ar muriendo. Algunos de los cuentos exploran la dominicanidad m?s all? del territorio.

?Le intriga? ?Consiga el libro, t?mese un trago de morirso?ando y p?ngase a leer! ;)

Para saber m?s vaya a: http://www.victormanuelramos.com/morirsonando.htm

monsoon68

Dec 19, 2005
I just read one of your short stories -- La sal del olvido -- and it was FUN, very Dominican and enjoyable. I was wondering if you got someone to proofread it. There are several spelling mistakes. ;)

Is this book available in the RD?

All the best with the book! :classic:

(sesenta y siete, voleivol, la letra de la canci?n...)

CRISOSTOMO

May 18, 2005
home.earthlink.net
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I’m glad you liked that story. The spelling mistakes are really not mistakes in this case, even though I’ve been known to misplace an accent here and there. It’s intentional phoneticism, so if I write “sesentisiete”, one of the words you point out, I am only writing it the way it’s pronounced, as a compound word that merges into one, pretty much accepted practice and a correct word. Also “v?libol”, the other word you tell me about, is the correct way to hispanicize what is really an English term, like “b?isbol” (we don’t spell it out baseball or volleyball in Spanish). The third instance is right. It should be “la letra de la canci?n”, singular, as you say, not “las letras”, so I will revise that ASAP. That one passed me by (as well as the one or two people who read it for me before it goes out there). But, in answer to your question, the best proofreading is done by alert readers like you.

Thanks for taking a look. Please, keep coming by my page and definitely let me know if you see any other slips.

www.victormanuelramos.com

PD: the book is available online for DR readers, at www.librosenred.com, and will soon be on Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble.com and Borders.com – but there’s no bookstore that I know carrying the title there. It will be available to them through international catalogs. Howeever, there’s almost no way for me to know if they order it.