In search of Lime Dolls made by Eduardo Mera

maine

Jan 15, 2006
I am in search of Lime ceramic dolls. I have purchased the dolls on St. Croix but can no longer find them. The dolls were made by Eduardo Mera. Does anyone know if Mr.Mera is still making the dolls and/or whether there are any for sale?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you, Danielle

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Danielle: Alas, the Lim? dolls made by the Mera factory are no longer to be had. Those that have them, either are keeping them or selling them at fair prices.

There are two or three elderly people here in Santiago that have collections that they are selling. If you want more information, let me know, please, and I'll see what more information I can get for you...

Cordially,

HB :D:D:D

PS: They are still making the dolls at Hig?erito, over in Moca, but they are not as complex (to my way of thinking), as the Lim? dolls were. If you send a note to Mirador on this board, he may be able to fill you in some more.

maine

Jan 15, 2006
Lime Dolls

HB -- I am very interested in pursuing the dolls owned by the women on the island. Can you try to get more information for me? Pricing and photos would be wonderful.

thank you.

Regards, Danielle

maine

Jan 15, 2006
Lime Dolls

Charlielyn -- How should we proceed? Can you describe the dolls that you have (size, color etc?) and tell me what price you are willing to sell them for?

Thank you.

Danielle