baseball schedule

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
I am looking for the baseball schedule for games in santiago area.I will be there ther weekensd of jan 21 and 22nd.Thanks Brian

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Playoff should start Tuesday 17 aJan. It's a best of 9 series...So...there might be a game on Saturday or Sunday...Let's see..Tuesday, Thursday Saturday...Yup, I think that there may be one on Saturday--Aguilas vs Licey, it looks like...

HB

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
baseball

please keep me informed hillbilly.I would love to know if there is a game sat night.I arrive sat from ny.IS it hard to get tickets.Waht do they go for.IS trhe stadium far from say the monument.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Spring/Summer Baseball

I know this is probably a dumb question, but, is there a Spring/Summer Baseball schedule?

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
schedule yet?????????

i seem to not be avble to find the scheule yet. anybody know yet./

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Playoff should start Tuesday 17 aJan. It's a best of 9 series...So...there might be a game on Saturday or Sunday...Let's see..Tuesday, Thursday Saturday...Yup, I think that there may be one on Saturday--Aguilas vs Licey, it looks like...

HB
I saw the Aguilas vs Licey game (1/14) at the stadium. It was crazy!!!

http://www.licey.com/articulo.asp?did=3183

-Helpmann :classic:

Last edited:

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
Anyone in Bonao planning on going to any of the games. I have no idea of how to go about getting there and I would like to go.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The series start tonight. I still can't find a schedule. Presumable tonights game is in Santiago.

To answer the OP, assuming the schedule is 2-2-1 before the one day break, there should be a game in Santiago on the 22nd.

This appeared in todays DR1 news:

Baseball playoffs start tonight

The Aguilas Cibaenas take on the Tigres del Licey at 8:05 tonight for the start of the 2005-2006 Final Playoff. Whichever team wins will then enjoy the outright leadership of the Dominican Winter League Baseball Championship, and bragging rights for the whole year. Both teams have won 18 Championships. However, in the face-to-face meetings the Tigres do hold a 10 - 7 advantage over the Aguilas. This will be their 18th meeting in the finals. The finals are a best of nine series. The teams will play five games, weather permitting, from today until Sunday, followed by a rest day next Monday. The final four games, if needed, will be played out between Tuesday and Friday next week. So far, none of the final series between the two teams has been a sweep, so the fans can expect to see more action from their favorite team.
Lineups and starting rotations:
* Tigres del Licey:
Luis Castillo (2B), Erick Aybar (SS), Napoleon Calzada (LF), Willis Otanez (DH), Jose Offerman (1B), Ronnie Belliard (3B), Jose Herrera (RF), Carlos Ruiz (C), Manny Martinez (CF). Pitchers: Felix Diaz, Juan Cedeno, Danny Tamayo, Juan Cruz, Ramon Ortiz.
* Aguilas Cibaenas:
Bernie Castro (2B), Luis Polonia (DH), Miguel Tejada (SS), Victor Diaz (LF), Tony Batista (3B), Edwin Encarnacion (1B), Alexis Gomez (CF), Matt Cepicky (RF), Alberto Castillo (C). Pitchers: Jose Lima, Jared Fernandez, Jose Acevedo, Miguel Batista, Julian Tavarez.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The schedule for the Licey vs. Aguilas playoffs is:
Wednesday, 18 January: Santiago. 8 pm
Thursday, 19 January: Santo Domingo. 8 pm.
Friday, 20 January: Santiago. 8 pm.
Saturday, 21 January. Santo Domingo. 8 pm.
Sunday, 22 January. Santiago. 5 pm
Tuesday, 24 January. Santo Domingo. 8 pm.
Wednesday, 25 January. Santiago. 8 pm.
Thursday, 26 January. Santo Domingo, 8 pm.
Friday, 27 January. Santiago. 8 pm.

See http://www.dr1.com/calendar

Sep 19, 2005
ok I didnt check out any of the links..........my question is will they still be playing baseball feb 16th and later

my gf wanted to go see a game in person in santiago

if you are talking palyoffs now...it would seem that they will be done before late feb!

bob