Question???

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
I am visiting DR for two weeks in May, and I wanted to know would there be a problem if I brought some electronics with me. I want to bring a DVD player and about 10 DVDs to my cousin. Would I have a problem going through customs in PUJ? Would I be able to bring this stuff into the country?

Sep 19, 2005
I see plenty of people bring in lap top computers, and cd players. They are already in use..ie they are not in new packageing!!!!!!! I bet if you opened up the dvd player ( out of the factory package)and just put it in your luggage along with the dvds, you would have no problem...thats just my opinion....the DVD players these days are pretty small.....bob

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Should be no problem. You are allowed to bring in up to $500 US as gifts each 90 days.

I brought DVD players on 2 separate occassions along with several movies and had no problems. I did however bring the DVD players inside my luggage.

Good luck! :)

Swede

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
m65swede said:
Should be no problem. You are allowed to bring in up to $500 US as gifts each 90 days.
Says Who?
m65swede said:
I brought DVD players on 2 separate occassions along with several movies and had no problems. I did however bring the DVD players inside my luggage.
I'm guessing you had no problem, because they didn't examine your luggage.

Jan 5, 2006
It won't be a problem. I took two small DVD players in November inside my luggage. I'm sure that they saw them, as the luggage went through the x-ray machine at STI.

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
Hipocrito Mejia said:
It won't be a problem. I took two small DVD players in November inside my luggage. I'm sure that they saw them, as the luggage went through the x-ray machine at STI.

Did you have the DVD players in their original packaging?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Hipocrito Mejia said:
Not in the original packaging, as that would only take up more room.
I hope you are not recommending people put these in checked luggage minus the box and padding.

Jan 5, 2006
ricktoronto said:
I hope you are not recommending people put these in checked luggage minus the box and padding.

Not at all, but a beach towel or a pair of jeans wrapped around a small DVD player provides enough padding when placed with other articles of clothing in your lugagge.

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
Many of the people that work there would try to steal from you or sometimes they will tell you that you have to pay a fee in order to bring it to the country.

Good luck and have fun!!!!