July Santo Dominog Acuarium Suite Resort

azdesrtracr

Jan 18, 2006
We are making our first trip out of the US to DR - Santo Domingo - Using Time Share - Staying at Acuarium Suite Resort - Any word on what that place is like? Also would like to hook up with a Dive place, White water rafting and ATV rental. Any ideas? My husband and I and my 17 year old son our traveling there on July 10th. It's our first trip as a family and are looking forward to fun. Any assistance is appreciated!

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
welcome

I know of two families who've stayed there, one hated it and the other loved it... close to the city in one direction and close to the beaches in the other direction; should certainly offer the diving and rafting (Jarabacoa) excursions, not sure about ATVs in that area. Should be a good "base of operations" for your explorations, for sure don't miss the Aquarium, "Tres Ojos", Colonial Zone, Boca Chica and Juan Dolio beach areas. Search DR1 (I think), debbiesdominicantravel.com, maybe tripadvisor.com or just Google it for more precise info. You probably know that July is a bit warm, but it's a dry warm...!

azdesrtracr

Jan 18, 2006
AZ Dry Heat

Thanks for the info - we live in arizona so we are used to the dry heat and we race long desert races so we aren't new to that. are the mosquitos bad that time of year?

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
azddrvstr

Yes, but applying a DEET-based preparation an hour or so before sunset will make all the difference in the world. Some say that Brahma beer is a fine preventative/remedy, too ;).