Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I think it has been clearly established that this will not work. Paypal does not do business in RD$.
    Well, that was the original question, and also post # 3 and 8, after that you started to explain what YOU do , but you are not a local citizen.

The sankies would have known about this opportunity for sure :-)
    Last edited by carina; 01-30-2006 at 02:13 AM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Chris and Carina. There has been a request from a couple of El Neptuno owners for a way to easily pay monthly maintenance fees other than by wire transfer. Since I have a personal PayPal account I thought this might be a possibility. The fact that don't do business in RD$ is not a problem because the money that is being sent is dollars or Euros, currencies they do.

Chris, you indicate your customers pay you. How do you get the money and how do you know who has sent you money and the amount? Do you think we should continue considering PayPal or best look for other options?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken, hope this helps -

These are the ways that one can bill and receive payment fror Paypal customers:
    Send a Paypal Bill directly from the paypal interface on the web to someone who also has a Paypal account - this bill goes out by e-mail. The customer can pay with a credit card, or transfer from their Paypal account, or even with a check. When it is paid, you can see on your Paypal account what has been paid.
    Then, you can draw the funds here if you have a Paypal debit card,
    Or - you can transfer from your Paypal account to the US based bank account that your Paypal account is linked to,
    Or - you can transfer to the US based credit card that your Paypal account is linked to.

One also can do normal type credit card transactions through Paypal. I cannot remember at the moment which level of account one needs to qualify for, for this. Paypal has a virtual credit card terminal and you can put a credit card transaction through as if you were swiping a card through a credit card terminal. The customer does not have to have a Paypal account as this works like a normal credit card processor. This obviously works with the normal checks and balances and one has to have a good record with the banks and with Paypal to be able to use this virtual terminal.

The Paypal transaction software has developed really nicely and once you get over the hurdle of setting this all up, it works really slick.... I think the fees may be slighly higher than the usual credit card processing fees. If you process currency other than US dollars, they do kill you on the exchange rate.

To answer your last question, I think Paypal could work well for you. But, it does take a little energy and much patience to set up. Later today I can check up on the transactions fees and let you know how much these are.

A final note, there are other services as well that provide a similar service and could be cheaper and easier to work with in the DR. There are similar services that provide transactional ability in the DR. We settled on Paypal just because it is well known and most everyone knows how to use it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken, someone referred this service to me some time ago. I did not use it, but for what it is worth, check out http://www.ikobo.com/

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Chris. I found it doing a Google search and have received some info from them.

Re PayPal, do draw your funds with a debit card, must you have a US bank account?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12