Immigration Interviews

Nov 5, 2004
Can anyone who has been through the interview process with the Canadian embassy let me know what sort of questions they ask in the interview, and how their interview went?
Are the interviewers friendly? How long did the interview last? Things like that...

Thanks ya! :classic:

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
My husband's interview lasted about an hour. They wanted to know how we met, how often we saw each other, talked, our families, his plans when he arrived in Canada. The interview was in english as I do not speak much spanish and they wanted to ensure that we could actually communicate with each other. The interviewer was very friendly. My husband came away from the interview feeling positive.
He has been here two months now, found a job in 3 days and his son was enrolled in school within 4 days. They both love Canada and find everyone very friendly. My nine year stepson loves school, has lots of friends, is already playing hockey and takes off to the local rink any chance he can get.
Good Luck to you both.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
There is not always one. When I did this they approved in on the paperwork alone.

monsoon68

Dec 19, 2005
Are you being sponsored? or did you apply as independent immigrant?
My interview lasted five minutes, three questions and I got my landed papers the following morning.

Good luck!