Drivers Licence

Prometheus

Jun 12, 2004
Hi my name is Jorge and I was born in New Jersey, I?m 16, residing in D.R. I?ve heard that i can obtain my permit (carnet de aprendizage) using my american passport. But im underage, so im not sure if that applies to me.

I just want this cleared up.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Do you even have a drivers licence now? You 'd have to qualify for one if you are not applying to convert a US one to a DR one. They don't hand them out like movie tickets.

amandalivoti

Jan 20, 2006
i pretty sure you must have a cedula to get a licence here. and in order to get a cedula you have to become a resident. it's a major pain in the ass and is the reason why i have never gotten one!
you can only use your US licence for a little while here.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The kid is 16! He doesn't have anything but a desire to get a Learner's Permit.
Have your parent or Guardian go to Obras P?blicas and ask if you can get a Permiso de Aprendizaje with your passport.

It might be easier to wait a year and get you Jersey License and then come back here and get the DR one...

HB :D:D

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
'Drivers' Licence.

Well, I use the word 'Drivers' Lic. loosely... My wife of Dominican Stock and very knowledgable in the 'Dominican' ways, 2 X 1/2 hour lessons in a stick shift in something resembling a car,. A bottle of rum and Mini Skirt, thank you. It was my most frightening experience ever when she took the wheel. ' She couldnt DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Gotta like the system.....M.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
VirginiaGomes said:
.........if you drive like in the US while over there you probably get hit by another driver.

Cuando a Roma fueras hagas lo que vieras.

I don't know about being hit by another driver, but what I do know from experience is that you'll end up with a long line of people honking their horns non-stop.