Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need opinions

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need opinions

Hi everyone. Thanks for all your help. Love this forum. Well I need some of you to give me your 2 cents. I am a single 35 year old Canadian guy and I知 planning to move to the DR in Aug of this year for business and hopefully some pleasure. I will need to set up a residence. Because of my work I need high speed Internet. I have been to the north coast and thought about going there but I知 not really a beach all the time guy. I need city life Shops, restaurants. Busy environment and the people I知 consulting for want me in Santo Domingo. Here is the problem. Never been there. My Spanish is not good enough for the north coast so I will be in trouble. I thought I would hire a personnel assistant. Someone who speak Spanish and English. Who can help me set up and show me the ropes until I知 comfortable? I知 talking about a real job and responsibilities. I知 just wondering if any of you know of someone or an agency I could contact. What would I have to pay someone to be my guide and gopher for 3 or 4 hours a day? What do you think? Is this a stupid idea? thanks for the help.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a stupid idea.
    The trick is finding someone good.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a great idea.

But a more likely option would be to ask one of the hotties who descend upon you whether she speaks English, and if her English is good enough, just keep it in the family ) the job.

You laugh now.

-- Sameee Contest Maker Deluux (in sanky forum)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

good idea!!! but never mix business with pleasure. learned the hard way nevr ever again lol

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

you pay me enough I will do it :-D I wanna go back soooo bad .....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I never saw her, but I can vouch for her linguist skills!

-- Sameeeeeeeeeee ME.ow.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samanasuenos
    I never saw her, but I can vouch for her linguist skills!

-- Sameeeeeeeeeee ME.ow.

aww thanks! I'll submit a resume!! :-) and totally serious!!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. Probably best person would also provide you with transportation. Try a contract rate with a taxi driver. Most speak fairly good English and know the ropes.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good idea. It should be easy to find someone to fit the bill. As for settling in Santo Domingo, any help you need just ask. Residency can be acquired through a good lawyer, first you apply for a temporary residency, then I thnk 6 months later you make it permanent. YOu probably wont have time to do it yourself, or the ability as you dont speak Spanish, so find a good lawyer. Consult the board here. second, an apartment is easy- - they are plentiful and range from mid hundreds on up to 1500 us or more, depending on what you require. Some good nabes to look in: Gazcue, Naco, Piantini, Ciudad Universitaria, Bella Vista, Cacicazgos. I will keep an eye out for a good asst, but there are agencies, some of which are identified as well on this board.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess for an apt. I would like something very very very safe. new if possible a nice view of the ocean ect ect ect. if anyone has any idea please let me know thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast