Help,Driving Santiago to Cabarete

KenC

Mar 2, 2006
I'am renting car @ airport STI, and driving to Cabarete. Please give directions.
Please include any street names, landmarks, route #'s etc. anything that will help.
Thank's KenC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I sent him a fairly detailed set of options. I wonder what the OP will do with it??

He indicted that he/they were interested in scenery so I left out the tunnel route..

This place definately needs better signage...

HB :D:D:D

Sep 19, 2005
Hillbilly....not to confuse...because simple directions even though they may be slightly longer are mcuh better for the novice traveler.

but isnt it a faster trip if you tutn left onto rte 14 in LiCey,( coming from the airport) and then turn right on the road to Tamboril. then turn right again( dont know tha name of that road) to head towards rte 21. When there turn left onto rte 21 and onto the same path as previously described?

is the route that uses route 25 , one that has a tunnel?... I may have taken that route in sept last year but even though i was driving, I was given directions as I needed them.

I also know that if you take the route on the other side of santiago.. rte 5, you do pass through a small tunnel as well!......maybe 500 yards max....

bob

hola

Oct 14, 2005
I dont know if you want an easier option....

Not as fun as a roadtrip - but you can get a nice air condititoned coach from La Caribe Tours, for something like 300 pesos. i cant remember exactly but it is cheap, and only takes about 2 hours!

Amisha

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Over the mountain the road has been half washed out in spots. They've made some repairs, but if someone hasn't driven here before I don't think I would send them that way.I think the bus would be better.