Special Thanks To DR1 Member, Macocael!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Without getting into the specific of the "situation", I just wanted to thank you for all your help when I needed help finding a pension for my brother.

I am not sending you a PM because I wanted others to know that there are DR1 members that are willing to go to the next level in order to help other members. You went out of your way BIG TIME!.

For a little while, I have been losing interest in this site and all of a sudden, someone like you comes along to restore the "faith" and to show me that, indeed, this site have some members that can truly be considered a "DR1 family" member.

Not only did you sent a few PM's giving me a whole bunch of pensiones names and phone numbers, you took it another step further and called some places for me. You even called a friend of yours to see if he knew of any other pensiones. Like you have not done enough!.

What really got to me, and to which I am humbled, is the fact that, even if you don't know me or my brother, you said that if the If you could, you were willing to give him shelter in your own home!. Man, just for saying that, I WILL always be thankful to you.

THANK YOU for all you did and for restoring my "faith".

Now, you are a member of my "DR1 family".

Last edited:

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
I thought that was what being dominican was all about!? well I am only "aplatanao" so I have a ways to go yet, but I do my best. No need for thanks. I was helped tremendously when I first came down here on a journalistic assignment, back in the early 90s, and the local journalists and other people went out of their way to help me. One group even arranged for me to have my own jeep and driver, free of charge. They fed me, they housed me, they became my lifelong friends. so it is a matter of karmic recycling I guess, I have to turn around and pass the energy along.

But let me add: this is a country that still knows the meaning of hospitality and its supreme importance. In this sense, I think Dominicans are some of the most civilized people on earth. I cannot count the number of times i have been in some barrio or out in the loma, and I come across a house where I am instantly invited to breakbread and share in the community life. And this is not because I am a gringo, someone out of the ordinary run, a bit of "entertainment" -- on the contrary, this is the rule of life in these places and I have never once seen it fail. Just today my own uncle by marriage did a similar thing here for a visiting journalist, went out of his way to help. Marvelous people.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!

jojo2130 said:
Here Here.......or is it hear hear LOL
Indeed.

Sometimes we forget that the DR is full of people that are willing to give you the shirts off their back without expecting anything back in return!!.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Since We're Thanking...

Macocael was also a tremendous resource to me a few weeks ago when I asked for advice on learning how to pick up the clave in salsa. He went all out providing me with all kinds of songs that would help me in this area and just kept coming up with more and more information to the point where I felt a wee bit embarassed that I had no way of returning the favor.

Thank you Macocael!

And thank you Miguel for starting this thread - hope I didn't detract from your thanks.

Jose

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Ha, But DRPAWA, it turns out that most of that was wrong! now I have it right though. I will be posting more info on the clave soon, but I am waiting for a musician friend to review it and add some comments. But you got the salsanewyork website address now right? Lots of info there.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I hope that we never lose the hospitality that make the difference between other countries.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What a refreshing posting

Sometimes I get a little down reading all the crap about sankis, pankies, crapies etc. Sometimes I get a little down about negative posts or people asking advise as to how can I make it-" because all I want to do is live under a palm tree with no money and escape the stresses of life in the USA".

So.... nice tread- cool---
JOHN

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Not at all!

DRPAWA said:
Macocael was also a tremendous resource to me a few weeks ago when I asked for advice on learning how to pick up the clave in salsa. He went all out providing me with all kinds of songs that would help me in this area and just kept coming up with more and more information to the point where I felt a wee bit embarassed that I had no way of returning the favor.

Thank you Macocael!

And thank you Miguel for starting this thread - hope I didn't detract from your thanks.

Jose
No problem. I think that the man is big enought that he will be able to handle 2 people thanking him, lol.