internal flights

clive944

Oct 16, 2005
hi all, i am going to fly into punta cana soon (flight only), whats the best way to get to boca chica, also is accomadation easy to get there, going in about 2/3 weeks, thanks, clive. (first time i have been any info welcome).

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
There are flights from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo twice a day at a cost of UD $89 each way. http://takeoffweb.com/_wsn/page2.html On arrival in SD, you will then need to "backtrack" to Boca Chica by ground transport (probably cab). The entire trip would be pretty expensive. Depending on your arrival time, you can probably get a bus from Bavaro (near Punta Cana) which can drop you off on the autopista at Boca Chica.

Sep 19, 2005
you should arrange a hotel in Boca Chica via phone first before you show up cold. I went in cold to Juan Dolio looking for a hotel at 8 pm at night and got lucky( I wanted to make Boca Chica but ran out of time( I didnt know how close I was). I dont think it is that far from Punta Cana to BC.

It would seem like a huge undertaking to fly into PC and then fly to SD then take something on the ground to BC.

La Romana is another airport option to originally fly into.....as well as the Santo Domingo airport as the main destination to fly into......

I am wondering why you would fly into a package destination airport like Punta Cana, then travel to a place like Boca Chica!!

good luck anyway

bob