Looking for new ideas

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
To help out the people within the country. I've already done the baseball, school supplies, swing sets, cleanup. So now looking towards other possibilities in helping in just a little way.I already have a great suggestion from a board member,which I plan to do.But if I can do a little more from everyone's input that would be very much appreciated.;)

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Hey easygoing. Don't have any ideas right now but want to say kudoos (sp?) to you for what you have done so far.
Great going :)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Organizing

I think there are a multitude of opportunities for teacher exchange programs to be set up throughout the private schools within the DR.

Public too, but I'm not sure an "exchange", per say, is going to work in the public school systems (just a hunch).

I think there are so many selling points to an American University (or anywhere else) in sending education students (future teachers) to the DR to spend a year in the classroom.

If your an alumnus of a school with an education program, that may be the best place to begin. The 'reach' is in the States, if those hurdles can be overcome, I'd imagine between the board members here and their contacts, the DR part of the deal would be rather turn-key - and highly desirable by the schools.

I realize that public schools need the help more than private, but to get something like this started I just think the private route might be the better risk/reward option.

This idea is a piece of clay and it could be shaped so many different and varied ways to make a hugemongously [sic] positive contribution to the development of the islands greatest investment opportunity - it's future.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Easygoing! There are orphanages for severely handicapped (mind/body) children on the north coast which operate only by hand-to-mouth efforts by the Catholic Church. We have a generous second-collection for them.The Priest buys food for them with the money. Canadian Bob

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
That's right up my alley

canadian bob said:
Hi Easygoing! There are orphanages for severely handicapped (mind/body) children on the north coast which operate only by hand-to-mouth efforts by the Catholic Church. We have a generous second-collection for them.The Priest buys food for them with the money. Canadian Bob

First off.... I would like to say thank's to everyone for input on this matter, and also in the past for helping so much. I personally really enjoy doing it..... and cannot think of a better way to take a vacation and also help people in need.;)

Canadian Bob, I will purchase food, bring more outfits than carter has liver pills. I also think a silent auction is in hand to raise much-needed funds.

J.R.F.. Thank's for your kind words.;)

KEN... Thank's for always trying to help.;) I will not be in DR... at that time but will definitely send some money for a great cause.

CLEEF...Thank's a lot for your input as far as education is concerned...... but I do not feel confident in handling such an issue. But thank's again.;)