Rocky's

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
Rocky's!!!

Hey Guys...

Not been online for awhile due to my new found friends (gallstones). All is sorted now so i'm back! ;)

My next trip back to my house in POP is in 2 weeks, arhhh!! BUT... each time i go i insist i will go to Rockys but i can never find it! Where is it?

I only vaguly know Sosua as i spend most my time in POP or Santiago. However in Sosua i am familiar with where the Waterfront Restuarant is and Club X.

Thanks x

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
cocacola33 said:
Hey Guys...

Not been online for awhile due to my new found friends (gallstones). All is sorted now so i'm back! ;)

My next trip back to my house in POP is in 2 weeks, arhhh!! BUT... each time i go i insist i will go to Rockys but i can never find it! Where is it?

I only vaguly know Sosua as i spend most my time in POP or Santiago. However in Sosua i am familiar with where the Waterfront Restuarant is and Club X.

Thanks x

This is an easy one. Turn left off the main road in Sosua at the Texaco Station. You will come to a four way intersection (be careful here and look everywhere before going straight through). Several store fronts on the right hand side is Rocky's.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Coming in from POP highway turn left at the Texaco station, as you go over Pedro Clisante you'll see Harrison Jewelry on your right and two or three doors down is Rocky's

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
If you are just getting over an attack of gall stones, in spite of how good the ribs taste, you probably should have the chicken.:paranoid:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Since you know where the Waterfront is it is easy to get to Rocky's. Leave Waterfront and go South (away from the ocean), cross Aluejo Martinez, 3/4 of the block you are at Rocky's on the left hand side of the street. 5 minute walk, mas o menos.

I have heard so much about Rocky's ribs. Are they pork, beef, bb-qued, steamed, baked, boiled, slow cooked, sauce, no sauce?

I do know you gotta wait, but anything good in life is waiting for.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
bigbird said:
Since you know where the Waterfront is it is easy to get to Rocky's. Leave Waterfront and go South (away from the ocean), cross Aluejo Martinez, 3/4 of the block you are at Rocky's on the left hand side of the street. 5 minute walk, mas o menos.

I have heard so much about Rocky's ribs. Are they pork, beef, bb-qued, steamed, baked, boiled, slow cooked, sauce, no sauce?

I do know you gotta wait, but anything good in life is waiting for.

Mmmmmm, I am thinking of the sauce right now.

I'll be at Rockys next weekend and cant wait to dig into an order of those ribs.

Larry

Nomad

Feb 2, 2006
cocacola33 said:
thanks guys!

Is it better to go for lunch or dinner?

Breakfast and Dinner. I prefer to get Lunch on the beach. But all meals are great. Service is slow. I think it is planned that way so we have time to socialize there. I always meet someone I know there. Kinda like "Cheers".

Rocky's has WIFI if you have a laptop if not they have computers on the net for a few pesos. Talk with Ted the bartender. He is great. Can clue you in on what is happening in Sosua.

Nomad

Nomad

Feb 2, 2006
cocacola33 said:
Hey Guys...

Thanks x

Forget Club X, Classicos has been alot better lately.

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
How much do they charge for wireless internet? Im over in May and i want to skype my kids.

Also i like love ribs but i have a gastric band that restricts my food intake - do Rocky's do hot hot chicken wings in sauce lol.

C

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They charge the same thing for wireless internet as they do for more coffee. NADA?.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
DavidZ said:
Anyone interested in meeting up for a rib fest next week... say, Tuesday or Wed. night?

BTW, the steak kebobs are equally awesome!!
Tuesday night is also poker night at Rocky's. We play low limit Texas Holdum. Always room for a few more players. Game starts at 8:00PM

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
Thanks guys for all your reply's... i guess the ribs will have to wait till after i have my gallbladder removed! hehe but i will definatly be down there for a few drinks and to try some of there menu (hopefully something less fatty, any ideas!?!!)

Thanks Becky x

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
crazydaisy said:
Also i like love ribs but i have a gastric band that restricts my food intake - do Rocky's do hot hot chicken wings in sauce lol.

C
Rocky's has great wings in BBQ sauce. They will make it spicey upon request. Served with veggie sticks and dressing.

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
After hearing sooooooo much about the ribs, I'm going to have to make sure to drop by my next trip. (April 23rd seems so far away still!)

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Rocky's has great wings in BBQ sauce. They will make it spicey upon request. Served with veggie sticks and dressing.

Thats a date in my diary then. Laptop and spicy spicy chicken wings. Just hope my kids will understand me while i fill my face. and try and skype.

Thanks for everones help.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Waiting for those ribs????

If you are a "regular" at Rocky's you can always call ahead with your order. Ted works there at night and he will put your order in and it will be ready for you by the time you get there. 809-571-2951.

Status
Not open for further replies.