At Border Inspection...

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
what type of information do they have on you when the passport is swiped?

for example, when leaving the country, can they see the date you entered on their computer?

or on the way into the country, can they see if that passport has been used to enter in the past?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Sure, that is what the info at the bottom is used for in most countries. Though exiting the DR it seems they have no idea when you entered judging by the tourist card comments, so it may be more of an entry thing. The US INS knows the last time you came, as sometimes they will ask when you were last in the US and they compare the answer to the screen. They also get lists from the airlines.

You sound awful worried with these posts.

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
ricktoronto said:
Sure, that is what the info at the bottom is used for in most countries. Though exiting the DR it seems they have no idea when you entered judging by the tourist card comments, so it may be more of an entry thing. The US INS knows the last time you came, as sometimes they will ask when you were last in the US and they compare the answer to the screen. They also get lists from the airlines.

You sound awful worried with these posts.

nah.. totally not worried.... in fact just the opposite...
im collecting literature on today's security measures taken by immigration, local police, interpol, and other agencies to control borders.

ive collected information on many countries and plan on compiling them soon and publishing them.

so i hope that explains that!;)

btw... should you have any questions regarding interpol or local police in a certain country, ill be more than glad to help if my knowledge can extend that far.

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
and btw...

with the new I-24/7 systems installed in most countries, just about any piece of info can be gathered...

the hole in that net is that some countries have not yet explored the system in depth so doing a check on somebody may take hours if not more.... and if you have a flight to catch i doubt they'll delay you unless they REALLY suspect you of something...

in the U.S and AUSTRALIA, border officials have adapted the system quite well and so within 10-15 minutes, they are able to dig up just about anything they want (pertaining to your passport information/fingerprints).

they are still far from adapting DNA information retrieval that the I-24/7 was built to assist... but within a few years im sure the U.S will be on top of that too.

today's borders are tightning at an incredible pace!
and although i understand this forum is about LEGAL immigration to the wonderful DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, its in everybody's interest to at least be aware of the changes taking place as we speak.