Contestants needed..........

Doodoo

Jun 1, 2004
We need contestants from Canada, and England to come forward. We are organising an International Pie Eating Contest. We have found the contestants who are eating for the countries America and the Dominican Republic.
The Contest is to take place in Sosua on Sunday 7th May. All contestants will eat as many homemade pies in one hour for their country. The prize will be a sheild which will be engraved with the winners name, country and date. there will be many other prizes on the day. This is hopefully going to be a yearly event.
EAT FOR YOUR COUNTRY............

If you are interested please PM me.
or just come along to cheer your country along.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
You didn't specify what type of pies these are. From your screen-name I am a bit concerned.;)

Sep 19, 2005
ricktoronto said:
If it is held at Blackbeards I think I know the type of pies.

id have to get a note from GF to compete then!!!!!!!!!

if it is a regular pie eating contest they would have to pay me to watch!

bob

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Isn't an hour kind of a long time for eating regular pies/ ( the kind that go into the oven and have fruit and stuff in them :laugh: )

Sep 19, 2005
well thats the catch... they want the contestants to eat as many as possible IN AN HOUR......the underlying point is you have to buy the pies and the people putting on the contests brother in law owns a pie store!!!!!!! ha ha ha...its just nifty domincano salesmanship!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

bob

Doodoo

Jun 1, 2004
joking aside............

The International Pie Contest is for real. We are a small restaurant/cafe in Sosua, called Debby's Pantry. The Pies that we supply are meat pies and fruit pies. The contest will be held at Debby Pantry, Sosua, on the 7th May. All of the contestants will NOT have to buy anything as Debby will be homemaking and supplying all the pies herself.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Darn, Debbies pies are so tasty.... But an hour??? You will kill some people!!! LOL

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
We have found the contestants who are eating for the countries America and the Dominican Republic.

Sorry, don't mean to be a smarta**, but I was looking in the atlas and couldn't find a country named "America" ! LOL

Marlie