a BENTLEY dealership???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
I have either been asleep, or I am dreaming, but there is a new Bentley dealership (is it Avelino Abreau?) at the corner of Ortega y Gasset and Ave Kennedy.

What next for our poor, 3rd-world country? Are Leonel's ministers du jour changing their tastes from Lincoln Navigators to something less pedestrian?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
to be expected,
I recall seeing a brand new yellow lamborghini zipping around boca chica and a santiago car dealership selling a porsche cayenne. I guess you would think that being low-key is important for your well-being. The way things are in the DR, driving around in a 2006 Bentley with a "come-get-me" sign on the roof is not advisable.

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
The people that drive around in a Bently down here are usually followed by a Bimer, Mercedes or Land Cruiser with 2 or 3 armed body guards.
Believe me...if you come and get them...you'll get dealt with.

There are a lot of luxury cars down here. There are a lot of poor people, but there are also a fair amount of rich people, be it the honest succesfull hard working kind, the "heir" to family money, the baseball player, the politico and the mafioso.

To give you an idea...autozama has sold close to 100 new Mercedes S500 at a price of 160,000 US a pop. They plan to sell 150 more this year.

I think you are just as likely to get mugged for driving a camry as you are for driving a luxury car here.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
GringoCArlos said:
I have either been asleep, or I am dreaming, but there is a new Bentley dealership (is it Avelino Abreau?) at the corner of Ortega y Gasset and Ave Kennedy.

What next for our poor, 3rd-world country? Are Leonel's ministers du jour changing their tastes from Lincoln Navigators to something less pedestrian?
I think you have been asleep.

That Bentley dealer has been there for quite sometime now. It's only one of two in all of Latin America. The other dealer is in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Interested in buying? I'll cost ya!

http://www.bentleycertified.com/bentleycertified/santodomingo/

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Almost every SUV, mercedes or any other expensive vehicle owner carries a gun in the car. If someone is driving a bently, believe me, he is no chump. He is a well connected and possibly a powerful dangerous man.
AZB

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
You could also purchase some used
There is a 2006 GT Continental for sale at around 265k US and a 2005 model for 210K US.

All located at a dealer in Santo Domingo.

Jan 5, 2006
Most of the exotic cars that you see in the country are not bought at dealeships there. They are usually brought into the country using a "duties exemption" purchased from some big shot who has no use for it.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's not a Bentley dealership as such. It's not as if he's got a fleet of them parked in the showroom. This particular dealer probably has the concession, and displays the logo along with the rest of the makes he imports.
The only Bentley I know of in the DR used to belong to some very dubious character who got gunned down in a mafia-style execution several years ago. The authorities impounded his many vehicles, which included a Bentley. I saw it on Avenida Los Proceres a couple of times. The owner lived nearby, in Gala.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Chirimoya said:
It's not a Bentley dealership as such. It's not as if he's got a fleet of them parked in the showroom. This particular dealer probably has the concession, and displays the logo along with the rest of the makes he imports.
The only Bentley I know of in the DR used to belong to some very dubious character who got gunned down in a mafia-style execution several years ago. The authorities impounded his many vehicles, which included a Bentley. I saw it on Avenida Los Proceres a couple of times. The owner lived nearby, in Gala.
It's an "authorized" Bentley dealership. Bentley is part of the Volkswagen group, which explains why the owners of this dealership also owns the Volkswagen dealer as well. :surprised

These cars a very expensive, an average person can have a nice house for the price of these overpriced machines of metal and aluminium. There is a dealership in Greenwich, CT; they don't have that many cars on display either. However, the same owner of that dealership also owns the Aston Martin dealership right next to it (again, not many cars on display, but the one's that are, are quite a beauty), and across the street is the Ferrari/Lamborghini/Maserati dealership, which again, not too many cars on display either in addition to the Rolls Royce and Porsche dealer down the road.

These cars are targeted to a very limited and small market. If these dealerships don't have a large "fleet" of cars in southern Fairfield county (an area where even with the exclusion of property values, 1 of every 7 resident has over a million dollars worth in assets) then, obviously neither can we expect other dealers in other parts of the world.

Now, there is a Volkswagen dealership, a Toyota, an Audi, and a Mercedes Benz dealer that we can say has a "fleet" of cars on display, but then again, these cars are much less expensive (depending on the model, of course) than the other ultra exotic vehicles.

-NALs

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
qgrande said:
In terms of performance, nothing beats this one, punto:

http://www.wallpaper.net.au/wallpaper/automotive/Bugatti Veyron 2 - 1024x768.jpg

Any Bugatti dealers in Santo Domingo?
This car is a dump. Oh pardon me,a very expensive dump. There, that's more like it.

It's extremely ugly for it's price of 1 million dollars!

If you are near Connecticut, come to Greenwich and see a couple for yourself at the Millers Motor concession along East Putnam Road. You will know you are near the place when you start to see the display of exotic car dealership on both sides of the road.

I'll caution you to come nicely dressed.

Extremely ugly for so much money, yuck!

-NALs

Status
Not open for further replies.