Cabarete ..Electrecuted

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Hope its a riot, irrigardless of what the cardinal says!

Electronic Music Festival in Cabarete[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
The Caribbean Electronic Music Festival 2006 is scheduled for Cabarete Beach, April 14-16, the Easter holiday weekend. The event is organized by "After", an electronic music collective and production company based in Canada and the DR. The event will feature artists from Canada, the U.S., Spain and the Dominican Republic, over a 36-hour period, an undertaking which has yet to be attempted in the DR. The event starts on Friday, 14 April at midnight and will continue non-stop until the afternoon on Sunday, 16 April. General admission to the event will be free of charge with pre-registration, and tickets will be available through the www.cemf.com.do website as from today.
Some of the artists who have been confirmed for the inaugural event are: Los Hermanos from the Underground Resistance collective out of Detroit, notorious for the huge track "Nights of the Jaguar", and the duo Pig & Dan from Spain. Others are the After collective DJ's including Maus, a favorite in the Dominican Republic, as well as Scoy, who has had quite an impact on music lovers in the DR over the last year. Also scheduled to play are DJ's Soundshaper from Montreal and local Dominican favorites Aldo and Hansel. In addition, After is bringing to the festival Canadian VJ Cinetik, who will produce cutting-edge visuals for the event.
[/FONT]

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have to disagree with his eminence on this one. Easter Week can be celebrated by the deeply and not so deeply religious without any interference from the people that are moving the Dominican economy: Tourists (internal and eternal).
This is one of the highest occupation weekends the hotels see throughout the year , and if they want to have a party, Get it on!@!

I think that if I still had young kids, I would be up at our place in Punta Rucia enjoying some sun/rain/sun and surf. Why not?

I do hope that the "electrocution" in Cabarete is a huge success....

HB :D:D:D