Best way to get to Zagreb Croatia

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
This is my very first trip there, and the best I can do is 20 hours and 4 connections.

Is there any way to get there faster? no more than USD 1.7K please

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
Depending on your visa. You could for example fly to Germany (there are many direct conections from R.D.) and buy there a last minute flight to Zagreb in the 200-300 Euro range to leave on the next day.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
In terms of bringing the number of connections down, there's many direct flights to West-European hubs (London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf), and Croatian airlines has direct flights to each of those cities, and other airlines will have those as well. So thats only two flights, one transfer. On time, generally it takes about 9 hours to get to Europe, and Western Europe to Zagreb will be about 2 hours flying. Just a little homewrok to combine those with 2 different airlines.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
I am a US citizen, I hope I do not need a visa for Croatia, but I will check.

So far I have:

STI - JFK American Airlines
JFK - ZRH Ditto
ZRH - MUC Lufthansa
MUC - ZAG Ditto

I was hoping to get at the most 2 more connecting flights from JFK

I am not familiar with any direct flights from STI to Europe, so if anyone can give me some info I would appreciate it

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Wag said:
I am not familiar with any direct flights from STI to Europe, so if anyone can give me some info I would appreciate it
I don't think there are any transcontinental flights from STI. You'll need POP or SDQ. Bt many flights to POP are charter, and might not be open to non-EU citizens, I know it's no problem with Martinair to Amsterdam, but others I'm not sure. Air France and Iberia fly from SDQ to Paris and Madrid. It must be easy to find a flight from Paris or Amsterdam to Zagreb.